DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Understanding the battery

Dosp416

Reactions
I bought a magic pro flymore pack (or whatever it’s called) and it has 3 batteries. The manual is not clear on how it operates when charing the batteries; when I plug all 3 in to the charging station, is it supposed to still only charge one at a time? Because it currently is.

Also, one of the batteries, when I click the button, marks 3 beeps (I assume this means 75%charged), but no matter how long I leave it on the charging station or the charger cord directly, nothing happens.

No
Blinking, no reaction of any kind from that thing.

Am I missing something or is it a dead battery and charging station?

I bought a magic pro flymore pack (or whatever it’s called) and it has 3 batteries. The manual is not clear on how it operates when charing the batteries; when I plug all 3 in to the charging station, is it supposed to still only charge one at a time? Because it currently is.

Also, one of the batteries, when I click the button, marks 3 beeps (I assume this means 75%charged), but no matter how long I leave it on the charging station or the charger cord directly, nothing happens.

No
Blinking, no reaction of any kind from that thing.

Am I missing something or is it a dead battery and charging station?
It's normal for it, AFAIK, to have the batteries charge one at a time on that charger. IIRC it states this in the quick guide that comes with the drone.

Mine works fine and does 1 at a time then moves to the next one .
I normally have 4 batteries on it at a time .

The 4 station charger reads each battery and charges the one with highest charge first, to keep you flying soonest.
Then starts the second highest, and so on.

The battery that charges weird.
Try charging directly from the outlet cord (without 4 station part) or the 12v charger, see if that’s any different.

Reactions: leatherbird
The 4 station charger reads each battery and charges the one with highest charge first, to keep you flying soonest.

The battery that charges weird.
Try charging directly from the outlet cord (without 4 station part) or the 12v charger, see if that’s any different.

As above.

The charger charges the least empty battery first to get you flying again as soon as possible.

I was wondering this too when I first used mine

Thought on charging?

I do search and rescue and want to always have fully charged batteries while not overcharging them. I thought of this possible solution and would like input from someone with a whole lot more knowledge and experience.

I have a 1000w inverter in my truck. It only comes on when I am running the truck engine. I have the normal fly more battery set up and I could set it up in the truck so that the batteries get charged when ever the truck is running. The truck get run maybe an hour or two a day.

Opinions please...would that keep the batteries charge or would I be overcharging or damaging them?

Thanks in advance, Chris

Reactions: Jet99
Thought on charging?

I do search and rescue and want to always have fully charged batteries while not overcharging them. I thought of this possible solution and would like input from someone with a whole lot more knowledge and experience.

I have a 1000w inverter in my truck. It only comes on when I am running the truck engine. I have the normal fly more battery set up and I could set it up in the truck so that the batteries get charged when ever the truck is running. The truck get run maybe an hour or two a day.

Opinions please...would that keep the batteries charge or would I be overcharging or damaging them?

Thanks in advance, Chris

The inverter might make a difference, and not sure about overcharging them, the charger should cut out like normal . . .
Is the inverter pure sine, this can make a difference to behaviour of running some products.
Maybe check the DJI charging specs for max inputs for V and wattage ?

Does the charge on the inverter keep charging 100% duty, like it was plugged into the mains at home etc ?
If so, it should charge as fast as usual.

I'm answering now on the aspects of will only charge when vehicle engine / charging system is running.

I've just tried (a few days ago) the DJI 12v charger, it only charges while the vehicle is running through the system, and it seems it might be a lot less useful than I thought.
Mine has about 14.2v charge from alternator, the usual for most.

I'm using just the single 12v connector to the one battery, not the hub.

But even when driving, it seems to cycle only about 50%, green flasher on charger box comes on solid for 10 - 12 seconds, nothing at the battery leds . . . then the green light on the charger unit will flash, and the battery leds will flash charging for similar 10 - 12 seconds.

Will try it on longer drives, so far I don't think the short drives to / from home and local shoots have put even a bar of power into a battery.

Thank you for this response!
I kept taking the batteries out of the charger too soon thinking they were ready and couldn't figure out what was going wrong.

IIRC it states this in the quick guide that comes with the drone.
Shoot! You're right.
Right there in the Battery Charging Hub User Guide. Twice, actually!

In the Introduction:
"When used with the Mavic Air Power Adapter it can charge up to four Intelligent Flight Batteries in sequence according to their power levels, from high to low."

Then again under 3. Connecting Batteries
"The Intelligent Flight Battery with the highest power level will be charged first and the rest in sequence according to their power levels."
I really resent those user guides. They're deceptively simple and appear mostly useless, but pack important nuggets like these in with the mundane. (And i'm usually an avid manual reader.)

Thank you both for reading much more carefully than i do, apparently.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake