DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unexplained transmission loss resulted in RTH

ftcros

Reactions
Mavic 3 Cine - new. I'm finding wifi is interfering with my M3C. I lost comms at 300' and 1/4 mile. RTH was successful but the transmission communication was at fault. Recovery happened only at 50' and 100 yards. Transmission was set to auto and dual band. I have a strong wifi source from a neighbor

That isn’t unexplained. It is caused by interference from a strong source. Not much can be done about it. When I fly in cities with any of my drones, the control range drops by at least 1/2 and often more.

That isn’t unexplained. It is caused by interference from a strong source. Not much can be done about it. When I fly in cities with any of my drones, the control range drops by at least 1/2 and often more.
Unfortunately you're right. I was able to visualize the flight with all the sensor data using Airdata's program. I just don't quite know how to detect spurious transmissions from outside sources in advance of a flight.

On the Mac at least there are signal strength monitors which will display the signal spectrum active at any moment, and it's strength, all from the perspective of the laptop. You can watch it change in real time, and appreciate the frequency hopping that the DJI app does automatically.

Unfortunately, it is NOT the spectrum strength the drone sees, only what the controller/laptop sees.

You can get a spectrum analyzer as an app on most phones. It will give you the noise floor, which you are looking for in determining the amount of interference in an area.

You can get a spectrum analyzer as an app on most phones. It will give you the noise floor, which you are looking for in determining the amount of interference in an area.
I'm interested, yes. Any suggestions for ios phones? Meanwhile I'll look for what's available.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31