DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Australia is so much more than the Sydney Opera House and the Great Barrier Reef, it is both a country and a continent. This vast nation is the same size as the USA, but with just 7% of its population.
Here is just a glimpse of the Australia you didn't know. Shot on both the Mavic and Mavic 2 Pro, see if you can guess which shots are which!

Australia is so much more than the Sydney Opera House and the Great Barrier Reef, it is both a country and a continent. This vast nation is the same size as the USA, but with just 7% of its population.
Here is just a glimpse of the Australia you didn't know. Shot on both the Mavic and Mavic 2 Pro, see if you can guess which shots are which!

Chris:

That was truly spectacular footage, accompanied by expert editing, and sound track. Every clip was timed perfectly- leaving me wanting a few more seconds to enjoy it-The stand-outs were the camel caravan, both from a low angle and from above showing the long shadows of the low sunlight. Also the fiery red sunset Was gorgeous.

Bravo on a truly enjoyable video experience, and all in a short 3 minutes!

Dale
Miami

Impressive!!! THIS is what I'm striving to achieve with my videos, but that is a long ways away for me. Just curious, were you trying to capture the lightening strike or was that just an added bonus?

Beautifully done, I really enjoyed this video

Simply amazing work, silly question but did you do color grading? I think most of them were the Mavic two yes

Geez, this is National Geographic level stuff. Fantastic! That shot from above looking down at the guys on and with camels and their long shadows, did I see that somewhere else as a photo?

Indeed it was a Nat Geo pic I think you were referring to . . .

camels.jpg

Photographer George Steinmetz.

Plenty of other such examples google images > camel shadow photo

Simply amazing work, silly question but did you do color grading? I think most of them were the Mavic two yes
Yes Jet, I a color grade every shot, every time and shoot in HLG format. I don't manipulate images though, just tweaks in FCPX.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Indeed it was a Nat Geo pic I think you were referring to . . .

camels.jpg

Photographer George Steinmetz.

Plenty of other such examples google images > camel shadow photo
Yes the camel shot has been done to death by now but I still love them! George's time of day was arguably better as the angle of the sun gave a more representative shape of real camels

Impressive!!! THIS is what I'm striving to achieve with my videos, but that is a long ways away for me. Just curious, were you trying to capture the lightening strike or was that just an added bonus?
Yes trying to capture. I've learned when something spectacular is happening shoot and shoot until you have a shot you are happy with, you may never have that chance again. For that shot I slowly tracked sideways back and forth in the same spot until I got the shot I was happy with (there were other strikes) This is the kind of shot a helicopter can't get as they wouldn't be flying in it! My motto is "Who dares wins"

Fabulous footage, expertly edited, you make it look so effortless ??
Thanks Stargazer, the most effortless shot on screen is the most planned and rehearsed shot I think!

The overhead shot of the camel caravan is one of the BEST shots I've ever seen. I would LOVE a still frame of that for my office wall. Truly well done. Good on ya mate.
I can send you a still Blub but not sure what the quality would be like from video, might be OK from 4K

Very nice! I lived in Australia for a couple years in the 80s. It is an amazing and very diverse place. And as a rockhound and lapidarist, who buys and trades rocks with people all over the world, Australia has some amazing stones also!!
thanks Summit, did you ever come across Craig Bosel or Dehne McLaughlin? They are both big in rock-trading over here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian