DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

unusual altitude issue

RhodyMavic

Reactions
Good evening everyone.

Have any of you had issues with the Mavic not maintaining its altitude in sport mode?

I brought mine up to 100ft earlier today and put the controller down for a moment. I looked up and noticed it began climbing rapidly. I immediately picked up the controller and attempted to stop its ascent and bring it back to about 100 ft. Initially the Mavic simply wasn't responding. After several seconds it began to descend. The moment I let off the stick, it began its rapid ascent all over again.

More than once I had to hold the stick downward until it responded, and as a result the controller would display "landing" forcing me to bring it out of its descent once it reached the desired altitude.

This fight to keep it at a specific altitude continued for a few minutes until I finally took it out of sport mode and flew it back to me.

I was under the impression that the Mavic maintains altitude in sport mode, but not necessarily its position.

What am I doing incorrectly? Can I not leave it at a specific altitude in sport mode? Why the immediate ascent without any input from me?

Kind regards,

RM

What you're describing sounds like an automatic ascent that occurs when landing protection is enabled and the downward sensors detect the ground is less than 0.5 meters below the Mavic. If you upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here, I can check it out and confirm.

Yup, sounds to me like a faulty VPS system. DJI claimed it was a software issue that they fixed in firmware, but I personally never believed it was a software thing. There definitely seems to be a lot of Mavics having this VPS issue still.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78