DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Up and down jolts in Hyperlapse vids

Dronenewbie8

Reactions
Hello. Today I was experimenting with Hyperlapse Circle, Course Lock, and Waypoints. Overall the vids look good except in every one of them there are some up and down jolts and oddly enough, at some split-second moments it looks like some of the subject matter is actually stretching up and down a bit. This fact alone makes the vids not so good. I’m not at the level yet to know if this can be corrected in post, but I’d like to completely eliminate it during the shooting. Would anyone know what is causing this? (It was slightly windy so maybe that’s the reason - ?). Thx.

If it’s like I have seen in a few of mine I say it’s wind.
I found mine do best also if I’m between 100 to 150’.
Do as Kilrah says and post one.

If it’s like I have seen in a few of mine I say it’s wind.
I found mine do best also if I’m between 100 to 150’.
Do as Kilrah says and post one.
Post the video so people can know what it looks like...

Thanks for your replies. Here's the link:
This was shot every 2 seconds to create a 5 second video. I can't remember if this was Hyperlapse > Circle or Waypoints.

That's the normal accuracy of the positioning, you're just expecting too much. Hyperlapse is best done high and far from things (a good 300ft or so at least) so that the small positioning errors become unnoticeable.

That's the normal accuracy of the positioning, you're just expecting too much. Hyperlapse is best done high and far from things (a good 300ft or so at least) so that the small positioning errors become unnoticeable.

Thanks for your reply. Would you, or anyone, know if this "bumpiness" can be corrected in post?

Any software with a stabilization feature should be able to improve it, by how much and with what loss of quality needs experimenting.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78