DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Update - Firmware Release - [OP: Mavic Mini DOES NOT support unlock in no fly zones yet!]

Bought my Dji Mini on the 12th of November. We are the 30th of December and I still can't use it because I'm leaving in a Blue Zone due to a secondary airport which is miles from my home. Desperately waiting for an update which was supposed to come in "Late December" .Such a Shame. Such a disrespect for customers. I Have no words.
Sorry to hear this.How do you find what zone/color your location is in (I am new to DJI)

Today is the last day of December, if we are already at the end of December, today is the last opportunity that DJI shows that his word is reliable or that he will be condemned to everyone returning their mini mavics.

Personally I doubt it will not come out today.

Yes but the unlock feature should have been present day one, no mention of a fix relating to Mini dropping height for no apparent reason, hopefully another update will follow shortly as this is my only concern with the AC. PS I’d also like to see the spark features returned in future updates once AC flight is reliable.

Update - Dec. 31, 2019. Overnight, firmware versions were released.

Update 2: Dec. 31, 2019. At first, I could not unlock. Note that depending on your mobile device, you may have to manually update the DJI Fly App. Once I updated the app, I was able to go through the normal process to unlock the aircraft from within the application. I was able to fly inside my home (10 or 11 Sats captured) without any issues.

For Reference & Notes
  • I am in a blue authorization zone within Class C airspace.
  • Kittyhawk has me in a ZERO feet authorization box for the UAS Facility Map.
  • I am NOT in a Restricted Zone or Altitude Zone associated with runways for the Class C airspace.
  • I'm running an iPhone 8 Plus.
  • DJI has definitely updated their Geo Zones. This may or may not be good for you. As an example, Westerly State (KWST) in Rhode Island was previously not Geo Fenced. It is now a full Authorization Zone with Restricted and Altitude Zones associated with their main runway. It's Class D airspace and Kittyhawk has nothing for WST on their app at all.
Firmware and Update Information
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0400
  • Remote Controller: v01.00.0400
  • DJI Fly App iOS: V1.0.4
  • DJI Fly App Android: V1.0.4
What’s New?
  • Added feature FIX: to unlock GEO zones (requires DJI Fly v1.0.4 or later).
  • Added feature that disables takeoff when the GPS signal is weak (GPS <8) and the environment light is not sufficient. This feature can be disabled manually (requires DJI Fly v1.0.4 or later).
  • Added requirement for compass calibration before takeoff when the environment light is not sufficient and the compass experiences interference.
  • Adjusted flight altitude and distance in payload mode.
  • Added warning prompt for battery cycles.
  • Reduced noise during self-diagnostics after powering on.
  • Fixed issue: linking was abnormal in some regions.
Notes:
  • Note that the update may reset various main controller settings, such as the RTH altitude and the maximum flight distance, to default settings. Before updating, take note of your preferred DJI Fly settings, and readjust them after the update.
  • If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, and retry.

Last edited:
Update - Dec. 31, 2019. Overnight, firmware versions were released.
At this point, I am still unable to unlock the Mavic Mini. Error still states "Aircraft in Restricted Zone" and "Unable to Lift Restrictions."

Same for me.

For me the new version of DJI Fly app has not yet come out

Im used Samsung A7 (2018)

Apologies. Since I updated the original post, this entire thread is now "Awaiting approval before being displayed publicly."

Working fine for me. I had to update the App and the drone firmware. I was prompted to know that I was in an Authorization zone, it then sent my phone a text message with a 6 digit code that I had to enter for authorization. I entered the code and it worked perfectly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki