DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

update firmware

17bbd86a259321cad63b30238e0cd712.jpg

Not sure where some of you are getting power up MP first?

whereas dji recommends to turn on MP first ... then RC etc...
From the Mavic User Manual page 54, "2. Turn on the remote controller and your mobile device, then turn on the Intelligent Flight Battery. 3. Launch the DJI GO 4 app..."

So, the order is: 1. Remote 2. Drone 3. App

Reactions: Clinton1
The new new firmware sucks I updated yesterday tried going into dji assist it restricted me from my max motor speed.

hopefully i will receive my new mavic tomorrow it is coming from the US ordered thro drones for less
my questions is should i update the firmware there always seems to be a issue with updating reading a lot of threads on this subject question are ask about how to roll back to the previous firmware
I assume out of the box i will be asked to update the firmware is there a difference between US and British firmware
any thoughts on this matter??
I have immediately updated all updates when available and have never once had any issue.

hopefully i will receive my new mavic tomorrow it is coming from the US ordered thro drones for less
my questions is should i update the firmware there always seems to be a issue with updating reading a lot of threads on this subject question are ask about how to roll back to the previous firmware
I assume out of the box i will be asked to update the firmware is there a difference between US and British firmware
any thoughts on this matter??
The newest update .1000 improves the camera greatly!! If you don't mind not having the best video possible i guess go ahead and skip it. I have never had an issue with any update so far. I can say that this latest one did greatly improve the camera!!

Starting the drone first could cause it to go into fail safe rth. That means your mp would take off and go to its set RTH altitude then immediately land again. ALWAYS TURN YOUR REMOTE ON FIRST!!!

Stay on firmware .700 or lower is the only way you can get away from all the restrictions and dji spying "data gathering" nonsense.

Stay on firmware .700 or lower is the only way you can get away from all the restrictions and dji spying "data gathering" nonsense.
Exactly. But some people doesn't seem to mind being restricted. To each their own.

I honestly wonder what kind of "camera improvement" is DJI offering with .1000. The hardware is still the same, so it can only be the software. If that's the case, then I'll still prefer to do a simple post processing (PP) to tweak the photos/videos to my liking. The software on our computer is much, much more powerful than what the Mavic can do.

Starting the drone first could cause it to go into fail safe rth. That means your mp would take off and go to its set RTH altitude then immediately land again. ALWAYS TURN YOUR REMOTE ON FIRST!!!
Doesn't matter the slightest with this tech.

i RTH everywhere why not i am a lazy bastard sometimes,and as for turning of the RC yea i do that too sometimes for fun so go shoot me down coz i like pressing buttons and seeing stuff work.

Turning on remote first is ark age stuff but if it makes you feel safer then go ahead mayb you like pressing buttons too but only in the right order. :)

i RTH everywhere why not i am a lazy bastard sometimes,and as for turning of the RC yea i do that too sometimes for fun so go shoot me down coz i like pressing buttons and seeing stuff work.

Turning on remote first is ark age stuff but if it makes you feel safer then go ahead mayb you like pressing buttons too but only in the right order. :)
Another product of our public education.

Doesn't matter the slightest with this tech.
The software is programmed to go into failsafe rth if it loses signal. You don't know what your talking about. There's nothing wrong with remaining quite if you don't know bro!

There's nothing wrong with remaining quite if you don't know bro!
You should listen to your own advice!

Of course it's programmed to RTH if RC signal is lost, if and only if it's already in flight.
It's not stupid, logic has been correctly designed so it doesn't decide to takeoff on its own to "return" to... where it is.

Last night I opened the DJI Assistant, connected the Mavic, and turned it on. Then it started to fly away and attempted RTH..... Of course I am only joking :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa