DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Update help, (advise) needed

William Ball

Reactions
I live in the boondocks, no high speed internet. We still have the old copper phone lines. We are served by a local company called windstream. They stink! Download speeds are 500kb that is one half of a megabite. That being said I cannot download and update via wifi or dji assistant 2 the battery on the mavic will run down before the file downloads. Can I update using my cell data? Connect the phone, controller and drone together and update through dji go4 using the cellular connection? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Can I update using my cell data? Connect the phone, controller and drone together and update through dji go4 using the cellular connection?
Yes. It doesn't matter how your phone is connected to the Internet.

Thank you for the reply. I'll make sure my phone is at 100% and give it a shot this evening. Appreciate it guys.

Yes cell data is way faster at my location as well. DSL in the sticks sucks !!! LAST UPDATE ONLY TOOK ABOUT 20 MIN.

All set everyone, and I thank you. Did the update via cell, and after figuring out I needed to set my galaxy s5 to file transfer using USB rather than Charging with USB, all went well. I am up to date and ready to fly. Now i need the snow and wind to subside. Thanks again!

All set everyone, and I thank you. Did the update via cell, and after figuring out I needed to set my galaxy s5 to file transfer using USB rather than Charging with USB, all went well. I am up to date and ready to fly. Now i need the snow and wind to subside. Thanks again!
Awesome, Here waiting on better weather too. UpState N.Y in the sticks is Beautiful but not in the winter months . Cold , snowing and the winds are blowing. Ug

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jigjjihhwohekjgh2857