DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Upgrade to Mavic Pro 2?

Easygifts123

Reactions
Hello, I currently have a mavic platinum and mavic mini. Was thinking of purchasing a mavic pro 2 due to the upgrade in speed and having a 20mp camera. I do not use my quad commercially or for business/ just pleasure & fun. Do you guys think it is really worth the cost to upgrade to the mp2? How is the durability? Have also seen a few forums where people say there are battery issues.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
You won't be disappointed (that's for sure)!

I found the 1/2.3in sensor in the original Mavic Pro limiting so upgraded to the Mavic 2 Pro for the larger 1in sensor and for me it was well wroth the upgrade, there's a lot more latitude in the dynamic range in the M2P raw files. If you don't process your raw files though and only use straight out of camera jpegs you may not see a worthwhile improvement from the M2P.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
I upgraded from an MPP solely for the improved camera. I’m glad I did every time I look at the photos.
You will not regret the M2P It is superior in every way, control , image quality, range ,transmission

I have a P4 and an MPP. I was seriously considering upgrading to the M2P awhile ago. Here is a link to that post. A lot of people gave some good advise both pro and con. Hope this helps.

I went from the Mavic Pro to the Mavic 2 Pro and have not regretted it. No battery issues either. Oh and be sure you call it by the correct name of Mavic 2 Pro because there is no such drone as a Mavic Pro 2, so you might want to edit and correct your heading to the correct name.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bowyerv