DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

US Government Departments disagree on DJI risks

The populist protectionist political agenda needs to be weighed against reality; if there is an actual vulnerability, patch it or exploit it using counter intel and press on. To deny access to an asset like this to agencies NOT doing work in secure or sensitive areas seems ludicrous. At this point where is the non chinese option that is not marked up to the point of needlessly increasing operational expense? Someones lobbyists are working OT on this one.

My opion seems like if we clear the sky of recreational drones/quadcopters then Amazon UPS FedEx ect ect can deliver with there drones with no prob but I could be wrong and if the Chinese was getting info with their technology they been doing doing it for years since 80% items shipped to the United states is made in China

My opion seems like if we clear the sky of recreational drones/quadcopters then Amazon UPS FedEx ect ect can deliver with there drones with no prob but I could be wrong and if the Chinese was getting info with their technology they been doing doing it for years since 80% items shipped to the United states is made in China

It's frequently asserted here (without any evidence) that the FAA is trying to stop recreational use of drones to allow Amazon etc. freedom of the skies, but what does that have to do with US Government use of them?

Reactions: Gindra and RodPad
It's frequently asserted here (without any evidence) that the FAA is trying to stop recreational use of drones to allow Amazon etc. freedom of the skies, but what does that have to do with US Government use of them?
Like I said in my sentence it was my opinion what other kind of Info could you get from a consumer drone that u couldn't get from google earth or even google maps and I think with the government flying the drones there more likely to fly in designated areas were our drones are not aloud it isn't like there going to fly them for fun

Like I said in my sentence it was my opinion what other kind of Info could you get from a consumer drone that u couldn't get from google earth or even google maps and I think with the government flying the drones there more likely to fly in designated areas were our drones are not aloud it isn't like there going to fly them for fun

If they could get everything that they need from 3-year-old Google Earth images, why do you think they bought them in the first place?

Reactions: scoble08
I'm not talking 3yrs ago I'm talking google earth 2020 live earth maps , live street views 2020 Google maps and satellite images were update for 2020 and know they have the 25 satellite maps to look at earth differently in 2020 Plus the GIS Geographic are phenomenal today

I'm not talking 3yrs ago I'm talking google earth 2020 live earth maps , live street views 2020 Google maps and satellite images were update for 2020 and know they have the 25 satellite maps to look at earth differently in 2020 Plus the GIS Geographic are phenomenal today

Google Earth doesn't have live images. Most of the imagery is several years old, depending on where the location is in the refresh cycle. Those images are mostly useless for real-time needs.

Reactions: Gindra
If they could get everything that they need from 3-year-old Google Earth images, why do you think they bought them in the first place?
Exactly. The only two sources of info come from the data logger which to my knowledge shows the users “keystrokes”, inputs, and some drone parameters and the video footage which I’m sure their spy satellites in addition to Google can show with greater detail. Am I missing something?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer