DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Used Amazon dron 40002 error

CDAWG47

Reactions
I bought the mini 3 pro off Amazon. Had a total of 43 min flight time, DJI care refresh transferred to my account and everything. It shows the 40002 gimbal stuck error code, but I can't find any debris in the way so I'm guessing a wire issue. DJI wants me to pay for the fixing, is there any precedent of Amazon stepping in to pay for it? I've contacted the seller (kazoom) and am waiting a response. Should I just request a new drone through the care refresh? Any advice is welcome with how to proceed or fix

If you bought a defective drone on Amazon, my guess is you can file a claim and get a refund.

If you bought a defective drone on Amazon, my guess is you can file a claim and get a refund.
You're probably 100% right, just wanted to avoid that if possible, it was in "used like new" condition for pretty cheap so I didn't want to have to return and pay more for a different one.. but that may be the best option

Reactions: mobilehomer
Why? It's probably quicker than arguing the toss with DJI.
Besides it's the 'proper thing' to do and, at least with new goods, Amazon have a jolly good reputation regarding faulty goods complaints/returns.
Good point. I recently ordered a new Mini 3 Pro from Amazon and I was sent a used (and still registered) Mini 3. I returned it to Amazon and received a full refund. At first, I was annoyed at the screw up. However, I decided to turn my "lemon" into "lemonade", and I subsequently ordered, received and am immensely enjoying a new Air 3.

I bought the mini 3 pro off Amazon. Had a total of 43 min flight time, DJI care refresh transferred to my account and everything. It shows the 40002 gimbal stuck error code
You knowingly bought a used drone on Amazon that was supposed to work like new and it didn't upon arrival? I'd immediately return it to Amazon and get a replacement.

As for the error, it could mean there is something stuck in the gimbal (dirt?). This video shows one possible solution. However, I don't recommend you try anything like this unless you've decided to keep the drone and absorb any costs that might be involved in fixing it (or any damage you cause by attempting to fix it).

Please let us know how much you paid for the drone if you can; might help explain the possibility of keeping/repairing it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne