DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using a Phone vs. Tablet while Flying... Recommendations?

What's better?

• Total voters

kaankorkmaz

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I've been using my iPhone 6s when I'm flying the Mavic Pro and I'm curious if it makes a huge difference to use a tablet that has a larger screen. What do you think? Is it really worth it to get a tablet? Any words of advice, previous experiences are appreciated.

Make it a great day.
:cool:

For me as large a phone as possible (6") but nothing bigger that needs contraptions to mount without becoming uncomfortable.

What do you think? Is it really worth it to get a tablet?
Does your phone screen seem to small to see everything clearly with your eyes? Then, yes, you should consider using a tablet. If you need a tablet, you can find a list of recommended and commonly used tablets here.

FWIW, I often fly with an iPhone 7 and the screen is large enough for me. I also like that I can fit my iPhone between the remote controller arms (without having them positioned at an awkward angle).

Reactions: TroutboyNZ
Screen visibilty under bright outdoor condition is more important than size for me. I've used iphone 6+, iphone 7+, mini 3, Samsung S7edge, and Tab S2 which I've just bought to replace the S7edge. So far, the best is with the S7edge and Tab S2. Can't really compare between these 2, but I think S7edge has a slight advantage in brightness while Tab S2 has the advantage of bigger screen. Haven't tried mini 4, but mini 3 is the worst among all I've tried for bright outdoor condition.

Reactions: Dragonfly
I usually use my iPhone 7+ when using dji go 4 app and use iPad pro for Litchi to see my missions clearly

I have always used my mobile with my Mavic since I got it in January, I started with an S6 Edge then I upgraded my phone to an S7 Edge and the S7 worked really well but I just didn't like using my mobile so tried a Crystalsky and it's fantastic.

Now my phone is back to being my phone and the Crystalsky doesn't take power from the controller.

I used to use an iPad Mini 4, but must be the only guy in the world who didn't like it! Found the ergonomics a bit clumsy, much prefer flying with the iPhone 7, easier to hold, lighter and more compact for travel - screen is fine in the sun for me, but you do miss some small details you only notice once you get the clips uploaded onto a big screen at home. The Mavic wins for me on compactness and ease of use, the Mini4 just made the whole package quite a bit bigger to lug around in the wilderness etc.

I use both iPhone 6 and iPad mini 4 (WiFi only). Depends on what I am doing and what I want to see. I like the larger screen on the iPad, but if I need portability and GPS, I will use the iPhone. I always sync my flight logs between the two devices so that which ever one I pick up to use, it has the same data/setups which I had from the last time I flew.

I moved from iPhone 7 Plus to IPad mini 4 ! I can only encourage you to do that ! Better view, comfort, etc !!!

I use both a 5" pixel and a full size ipad with mount. Both have advantages. Phone is small, easy to hold and gets the job done, useful when scouting an area. Tablet lets you see detail and get a better idea of how the final shot is going to look. It also lets the client or my friends look over my shoulder and watch. Use each about half the time and happy I have both.

Selam Kaan,

For a fact a larger screen gives a lot more pleasure, size matters. Also to keep in mind: The SUN...many screens become unusable because of glare.
I prefer glasses (Epson BT-300) and do not want to use anything else anymore. The Epson Customer Service is total horror but that's in another thread.
These ones are quite compact so still portable, just attached the little bag of the glasses to my mavic bag with zipties. Always great image, also in bright sunlight. Downside is that they are quite pricey.
Alternative would be DJI goggles but those are everything except portable (but from what I hear a kickass image and better CS then Epson).
Tablets/phone I used as well. Phone screen (Note4) is too small for me though my eyes are 100%. Tablets indeed come with bulky mounts/holders but the screen size could be worth it. Still the sun remains an issue.
At this time my second choice would be Crystalsky.

Selam Kaan,

For a fact a larger screen gives a lot more pleasure, size matters. Also to keep in mind: The SUN...many screens become unusable because of glare.
I prefer glasses (Epson BT-300) and do not want to use anything else anymore. The Epson Customer Service is total horror but that's in another thread.
These ones are quite compact so still portable, just attached the little bag of the glasses to my mavic bag with zipties. Always great image, also in bright sunlight. Downside is that they are quite pricey.
Alternative would be DJI goggles but those are everything except portable (but from what I hear a kickass image and better CS then Epson).
Tablets/phone I used as well. Phone screen (Note4) is too small for me though my eyes are 100%. Tablets indeed come with bulky mounts/holders but the screen size could be worth it. Still the sun remains an issue.
At this time my second choice would be Crystalsky.
I don't mean to hijack this thread. Just one question: is it possible to install modded Go4 app with the Moverio? Can't give up forced FCC.

I don't mean to hijack this thread. Just one question: is it possible to install modded Go4 app with the Moverio? Can't give up forced FCC.
Yes, that is what im using actually. It's just another android device with a fancy screen ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J