DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using Airspace in Autopilot - question on Network

How many times have you crashed your mavic so far, if any?

Votes: 2 66.7%

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • 2-5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6-10

• It's a brick

• Total voters

LosAngelesMavic

Reactions
Hi - I'm a newbie to the Mavic. I had the Phantom 2 but, honestly, didn't use it much mainly because of the size and portability so now I hope to get into this a lot more. I understand Airspace (in the Autopilot app) but I am unclear on the Network connection option. I understand the peer-to-peer but to do the Network option I am unclear as to what is functioning as the Network? Does my phone, if I am using it to track, need to have a cell-signal? I can't imagine that's what it is since the drone or the iPad (wifi only) I'm using do not have cellular. And if it's wifi, again, what/who is 'the Network'? If the iphone and iPad are creating their own network using wifi, which I can't imagine allows for any significant distance between the two, then how does that differ from the peer-to-peer option? Does it come down to: the 'peer-to-peer' is bluetooth and the 'network' is wifi? It can't be that simple....???

Reactions: BossOlive
Hi - I'm a newbie to the Mavic. I had the Phantom 2 but, honestly, didn't use it much mainly because of the size and portability so now I hope to get into this a lot more. I understand Airspace (in the Autopilot app) but I am unclear on the Network connection option. I understand the peer-to-peer but to do the Network option I am unclear as to what is functioning as the Network? Does my phone, if I am using it to track, need to have a cell-signal? I can't imagine that's what it is since the drone or the iPad (wifi only) I'm using do not have cellular. And if it's wifi, again, what/who is 'the Network'? If the iphone and iPad are creating their own network using wifi, which I can't imagine allows for any significant distance between the two, then how does that differ from the peer-to-peer option? Does it come down to: the 'peer-to-peer' is bluetooth and the 'network' is wifi? It can't be that simple....???

Network is slower but can go long distances but you need LTE

Peer to Peer is a lot faster reaction time but the 2 peers must be side by side or close to each other. Distance Like a Bluetooth Speaker

Network is your network (Rogers ,Koodo ,Virgin mobile ,Sprint) tracks cell signal.

If you wanna track a cellphone that’s going for a walk or hike you need network ,unless your walking next to phone you will be tracking which is highly unlikely.

I’m actually trying to track my Spark with my Mavic Pro or vice versa but having trouble any ideas ?
That is peer to peer cause the two pilots are standing next to each other.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J