DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very Windy! Mavic and P4P Fly Trip on route to Edinburgh

Manny T

Reactions
Ok, so as most of you who lived in the UK will know that past week or two, we had this stormy weather with strong winds, I wasn't going to risk anything with flying the Mavic but after coming across a few really nice scenery, I decided to gave it a go on flying in this windy condition, to my surprise, it survived it pretty well! So here's my footages, all including Phantom 4 Pro and Mavic Pro, all mashed together to make a mini film. Let me know what you guys think?

Thanks

I love it. Great footage. If I had to have you change one thing it would be the transitions. They were too fast personally I would have liked to see the clips a little longer between transitions. But great video.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: HeavensAbove
I love it. Great footage. If I had to have you change one thing it would be the transitions. They were too fast personally I would have liked to see the clips a little longer between transitions. But great video.

yea i agree, but with so many nice footage/angle, i want to show all, so it felt like i was cramming all in and another reason of having short transition was perhaps the choice of song i guess. But it's something i guess i will have to try and resist using them all, but only used the best ones and have them longer between transition.Thanks for input though.

yea i agree, but with so many nice footage/angle, i want to show all, so it felt like i was cramming all in and another reason of having short transition was perhaps the choice of song i guess. But it's something i guess i will have to try and resist using them all, but only used the best ones and have them longer between transition.Thanks for input though.

Everyone has their own style. I've had the same issues cramming stuff in and what has worked for me is doing the editing first then picking a song that has roughly the length to match the video. Then I go back and adjust the speed of the clips to get the exact length of the song.

Everyone has their own style. I've had the same issues cramming stuff in and what has worked for me is doing the editing first then picking a song that has roughly the length to match the video. Then I go back and adjust the speed of the clips to get the exact length of the song.

That is a good thought! i sometimes have difficulty picking songs as well, different enviroment or speed you shot at suited to different types of songs. I started doing that more now, edited all the clips out first then choose music after, but then it's still difficult not to crammed too much onto your project. The temptations are always there unfortunately.

That is a good thought! i sometimes have difficulty picking songs as well, different enviroment or speed you shot at suited to different types of songs. I started doing that more now, edited all the clips out first then choose music after, but then it's still difficult not to crammed too much onto your project. The temptations are always there unfortunately.

Yea I agree picking songs is tough. Especially since I post them up on YouTube and you can't just use any song because of copyright issues.

I've never seen any video from over the Holy Island causeway at high tide before, which is surprising really.
In many ways a bright day in winter is ideal for quad video as usually there's far fewer people about!

Yea I agree picking songs is tough. Especially since I post them up on YouTube and you can't just use any song because of copyright issues.

Tell me about it! almost every good music is copyrighted.

I've never seen any video from over the Holy Island causeway at high tide before, which is surprising really.
In many ways a bright day in winter is ideal for quad video as usually there's far fewer people about!

yea it was different, we were planning to go across before the high tides but got there too late in the end so we just stick with shooting at the causeway, it was cool, as we get to see the high tides which was unusual.

I agree, everyone has their own style. I think the quick transitions work with the music. Me personally, I edit all the footage down to short clips in a "draft" sequence then lay down music and add the clips to match.

Most visitors (including me) would look up the tide times and not go unless it was low so interesting to see.
yea i know what you mean, and to be able to inland to see the island itself, but no doubt there will be a second trip there and this time i will be going inland.

I agree, everyone has their own style. I think the quick transitions work with the music. Me personally, I edit all the footage down to short clips in a "draft" sequence then lay down music and add the clips to match.

that is a good thought! with different sequences as well you can use it in the future in different projects too. both clips and music are important, so you have to pick the right songs for the right footage.

Reactions: MikeC
Ok, so as most of you who lived in the UK will know that past week or two, we had this stormy weather with strong winds, I wasn't going to risk anything with flying the Mavic but after coming across a few really nice scenery, I decided to gave it a go on flying in this windy condition, to my surprise, it survived it pretty well! So here's my footages, all including Phantom 4 Pro and Mavic Pro, all mashed together to make a mini film. Let me know what you guys think?

Thanks

That is really excellent

Reactions: motard
Great video, I think you can see the mavic footage quite clearly... think the P4P stuff looks a fair bit better! But to be expected given the camera specs!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Great video, I think you can see the mavic footage quite clearly... think the P4P stuff looks a fair bit better! But to be expected given the camera specs!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

yea exactly right, the p4p have a bigger sensor than the mavic, mavic are great for holiday video, p4p will be a next level up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803