DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video cataloging and storage

altereddezignz

Reactions
Not sure if this is the correct location but how is everyone storing their videos. Are you only keeping you completed rendered and finalized videos or what?

I am going nuts between my drones and gopro's i am way beyond out of space..

Thanks

I keep everything, raw material and finished films. For sorting I use the outdated Picasa, but recently also Photoshop Elements Organiser. You can tag your shots in order to find scenes better than just storing in folders and subfolders on your hard drive. I do the same for pictures.

Not sure if this is the correct location but how is everyone storing their videos. Are you only keeping you completed rendered and finalized videos or what?

Thanks

There is an app that just launched called Dragonfly that automatically organizes your video and backs them up. You can transfer the video in the field to your phone (which then uploads the video when you next connect to wifi) or use the web uploader for mass uploads. Currently only works with DJI drones though.

I have nearly 500 videos on my YouTube Channel. I save all of my raw footage, working files and final edits in external hard drives. Currently I have four 4 terabyte external hard drives that I have shot over the last 5 years...[emoji327][emoji327][emoji327][emoji327]

I keep everything.
Raw files on my PC server (14 TB Raid server)
Edits on Laptop MacPro (mirrored on 4TB Raid)
Final renders online (Vimeo and youtube)
Final renders on my server as well
Everything goes also automatically to the cloud (Crashplan) where I've got around 8 TB of movies and raw photos...
I am paranoid, I know, but this is the only way to make sure you don't loose anything... (memories)

4K video are expensive in power and storage... ;-)

Reactions: Londroner

Thanks

August is your month :) The Dragonfly drone video app is having a promotion that allows you to earn free storage perpetually. There is not a limit to how much you can earn, but there is only a couple of weeks left. You might want to check it out. Promotion

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143