DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mndronepilot

Reactions
I currently run a Samsung galaxy s7 active, and up until the 4.2.20 firmware update on june 10th 2018 the mavic was running smooth. I film in a lot of remote locations where drone laws are non existent and would frequently fly out over 2 miles with little live video lag or dropout. (SEE IMAGE BELOW)
Imgur

Last night I fired up the mavic as I heard about the new 4.2.22 update and decided, well hopeully they fixed this issue. NOPE.

I did find a solution that corrected all the video lagging and things are back to normal. I switched over to an ipad mini 4.
-I tried uninstalling and reinstalling firmware
- factory reset my phone and reinstalled firmware
- switched different cables
- used u3 sd card
- turned video cache off
- put phone into airplane mode
None of this worked save your time

After researching apparently there is an ongoing dispute between samsung and dji regarding some software stuff and each company is pointing the finger at the other.

SHAME ON YOU DJI GET YOUR $#!T TOGETHER.......

Hooked up my wifes ipad mini 4 and the thing works perfectly. You can buy a used one on ebay for about $220
Screenshot_20180705-205258.jpg
lA5SYW6

Reactions: hopeless128
Reactions: miatecguy
Yeah, there is an issue with 4.2.20 of the DJIGO 4 App on Android. Find and install the 4.2.16 until they fix it. I contacted DJI 3 weeks ago and they created a case for this but I never heard back from them since. Once I rolled back to 4.2.16 the issue went away.

Reactions: Falcon1az
This article includes tips that resolve issues like this on many Android devices:

Install DJI GO on an Android Tablet or Phone (Step-by-Step Guide)

That is a great guide, I have a Slate 8 that worked a few times (Video) and then didn't. I'm going to try the developer mode settings to see if I can use it again as a dedicated device. I'm going to do the same to my GS7 (without taking the provider SIM card out) until I can buy a GS9 which has over 1100 "Nit" value.

I currently run a Samsung galaxy s7 active, and up until the 4.2.20 firmware update on june 10th 2018 the mavic was running smooth. I film in a lot of remote locations where drone laws are non existent and would frequently fly out over 2 miles with little live video lag or dropout. (SEE IMAGE BELOW)
Imgur

Last night I fired up the mavic as I heard about the new 4.2.22 update and decided, well hopeully they fixed this issue. NOPE.

I did find a solution that corrected all the video lagging and things are back to normal. I switched over to an ipad mini 4.
-I tried uninstalling and reinstalling firmware
- factory reset my phone and reinstalled firmware
- switched different cables
- used u3 sd card
- turned video cache off
- put phone into airplane mode
None of this worked save your time

After researching apparently there is an ongoing dispute between samsung and dji regarding some software stuff and each company is pointing the finger at the other.

SHAME ON YOU DJI GET YOUR $#!T TOGETHER.......

Hooked up my wifes ipad mini 4 and the thing works perfectly. You can buy a used one on ebay for about $220
View attachment 41442
lA5SYW6
I am having the same issue with my Google Nexus 6, but my Samsung S7 WAS working, until this new update. Now both phones are not usable to control the Malvic. If anyone from the company is reading this...I need help. I ordered a new Samsung S7 before I discovered that my S7 is now defunct. You guys owe me for the purchase or new phones and for the loss of business. I'm not able to work as no phones are compatible. HELP.

I am having the same issue with my Google Nexus 6, but my Samsung S7 WAS working, until this new update. Now both phones are not usable to control the Malvic. If anyone from the company is reading this...I need help. I ordered a new Samsung S7 before I discovered that my S7 is now defunct. You guys owe me for the purchase or new phones and for the loss of business. I'm not able to work as no phones are compatible. HELP.
If you cannot buy a new phone (the S9+ works fine), downgrade the app to .16 version. There are instructions on this forum how to do that.

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
I get the same issues on mySamsung S7 and also the TAB A. Texted service and after an hour they referred me to the next level meaning they will reply within 5 days. I recall my problems started early in June. I attached a clip from my video. I'll try to get a revision before 4.2.20. By the way I tried my wife's Google Pixel and it worked just fine. Currently I am using Litchi successfully. I have a preference to DJI GO 4. I'll try to get a revision before 4.2.20 for the S7.
Screenshot_20180717-115727[1].jpg

I get the same issues on mySamsung S7 and also the TAB A. Texted service and after an hour they referred me to the next level meaning they will reply within 5 days. I recall my problems started early in June. I attached a clip from my video. I'll try to get a revision before 4.2.20. By the way I tried my wife's Google Pixel and it worked just fine. Currently I am using Litchi successfully. I have a preference to DJI GO 4. I'll try to get a revision before 4.2.20 for the S7.
View attachment 42275
The new firmware and app for Android suck. No fix for Android other than roll back to firmware 300 and App 4.2.16 or earlier. DJI is trashing app for so many Samsung, Nexus, LG, and other common Android device users. This is their way of saying "thanks for not purchasing an IOS product you !^&*%$! idiot.. you do know we are partnered with Apple"

Apple has a history with their own user base of trashing the experience and making them buy current products to run current firmware. People still stay loyal lol

Good thing is, it's much easier to downgrade on Android if you have too than it is IOS. After you downgrade, go into your power settings for apps on your phone, and try disabling any optimization for DJI Go4. Seems to work........ well, for now anyway.

Seems to be a specific conflict with the S7 (and samsung in general) which isnt a huge problem given how different samsung OS is to core android. The only known working solution is to go to an older app version. You don't lose anything doing this - the newer versions contain no new features anyway.

View attachment 42275
Got ver 4. 2.16 from apkpure.com. Found that the problem is still there but at significantly less intervals. I got the pixelation twice in a 20 minute flight each only for a few seconds. Be sure to disable updates. Ididn't disable updates and a day latter found I was on 4.2.21.

current config:
Mavic
App 4.2.16
firmware 01.04.0400
Android on S7 ver 8.0.0

Seems to be a specific conflict with the S7 (and samsung in general) which isnt a huge problem given how different samsung OS is to core android. The only known working solution is to go to an older app version. You don't lose anything doing this - the newer versions contain no new features anyway.
Guys with clean rooted tablets having the same issues with GO4. There is nothing Samsung specific about this. Just about every device mfg is affected. The app is a pos. DJI ruined it adding in the garbage they keep adding. Notes about what they did are vague.

Going to older app is to get a somewhat reasonable use out of the Mavic Pro. It still has problems. Does not matter the mfg or model of device. So many well within specification of Go4 app simply stopped working when they once did. That has been the same for devices whose mfg's did an Oreo update, or devices from mfgs that have not seen a mfg or Android update in over a year.

Yeah, there is an issue with 4.2.20 of the DJIGO 4 App on Android. Find and install the 4.2.16 until they fix it. I contacted DJI 3 weeks ago and they created a case for this but I never heard back from them since. Once I rolled back to 4.2.16 the issue went away.

Absolutely - this took care of my S7 Edge video issue. I did not roll back the firmware upgrade. Everything working as it should.

Interestingly enough... my Tab 2.0 has current versions of both DJI Go 4 and firmware without any issues.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000