DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Videography learning platform recommendations?

gamayun

Reactions
Could someone with considerable video experience recommend a learning platform with high quality content to learn more about videography (something like advanced landscapes/drone cinematography, medium-advanced AE/Premiere classes, interesting PS processing techniques, etc)?

I know of Linkedin Learning, O'Reilly Learning, etc - but not sure if there is something more video/photo focused? I looked at skillshare but too many reviewers say it's a scam. What else is out there?

Reactions: gope_73
Could someone with considerable video experience recommend a learning platform with high quality content to learn more about videography (something like advanced landscapes/drone cinematography, medium-advanced AE/Premiere classes, interesting PS processing techniques, etc)?

I know of Linkedin Learning, O'Reilly Learning, etc - but not sure if there is something more video/photo focused? I looked at skillshare but too many reviewers say it's a scam. What else is out there?
I don't know of a lot of real Human Resources out there. I struggled for several years trying to get a tutor for Adobe Premiere Pro. I finally found a person who was willing to fly to me, stay in my house for 3 days and sit with me at the computer, teaching the basics of Premiere.I paid his flight and meals and he stayed in our guest bedroom. I also tried the local junior college (bad), Google (bad), and You Tube (very time consuming). Unfortunately, it is self taught by and large with the help of You Tube. Steep learning curve associated with most of the video editing softwares (Da Vinci Resolve, Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple). As far was video, you need to enroll in a videography film course. (try Hollywood, Ca).

Thanks - I'm fairly comfortable with basic things in Premiere, AE, PS, Lr - looking to improve my techniques, especially on creative side. Hiring a live person for this does not make sense to me, there are plenty of good material online - I was just wondering if there is one place to find multiple high quality lessons

This guy is the best I've come across for videography of all kinds. Lots of tips and techniques using smartphones and drones. Cuts to the chase without wasting time. Well worth following.

Reactions: gamayun
For a general all-things-filmmaking course, Fulltime Filmmaker is a great course. It pretty much gives you what you need to go from buying a camera to being able to shoot professional video content. You could look at it as the budget version of film school. If you are already pretty advanced, some of the course might be a little basic, but there's a ton of good information. Full Time Filmmaker | Parker Walbeck

Also I'm working on building a course specifically on drone cinematography and editing, with a special emphasis on color correction and grading since that makes a huge difference in the quality of drone video (and any type of video really). If that's the kind of thing you're looking for, feel free to sign up to my email list. Flying Filmmaker Course

Last edited:
thanks @FlyingFilmmaker, will check it out! I'm fine with grading Log, I'd like to get better with camera moves/shot composition, sounds like that filmmaker class is a good option, but at $800 not something I can do at this time. Masterclass has a few classes that look good, I may sign up for that, $180/yr is something I can do now...

thanks @FlyingFilmmaker, will check it out! I'm fine with grading Log, I'd like to get better with camera moves/shot composition, sounds like that filmmaker class is a good option, but at $800 not something I can do at this time. Masterclass has a few classes that look good, I may sign up for that, $180/yr is something I can do now...
Camera/drone moves+composition is something I'll be covering in my course as well.

If you watch the FTF free webinar (which I would recommend watching anyway, it has a lot of valuable filmmaking info) you can get 20% off at the end. They also do a 50% off sale on Black Friday for those on their email list. Still quite expensive though. Their YouTube channel is also a good free resourse.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54