DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Virginia

Hey I know this post is super old but just got my MP and live in chesterfield. You still fly around here?
I'm occasionally in Chester... looking for places to fly. Have done a couple in Richmond and Petersburg.

Hello everyone. I'm a new flyer from the Fredericksburg area and am also interested in finding some new places to fly and catching up with fellow flyers.
Trying to find a good spot on the Rappahannock to fly sometime.

Any other pilots in VA? We are always looking for new places to fly, I frequent Virginia Beach areas and George Washington National Forest

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
Hi everyone, im from Spain and i will be in two weeks a few days in Norfolk. I want to buy DJI Mavic Air these days but could you recommend a good place to buy it in Norfolk?? if posible cheap and close to downtown.

Thanks

Hi everyone, im from Spain and i will be in two weeks a few days in Norfolk. I want to buy DJI Mavic Air these days but could you recommend a good place to buy it in Norfolk?? if posible cheap and close to downtown.

Thanks
You just missed the Black Friday holiday sales. Check Walmart.com and BestBuy.com for the area you're staying in to see if they have them in stock.

Fly smart, fly safe. I don't know where you're staying, but there are several military bases and Norfolk Airport in the area. Be aware of the flight restricted areas. Download B4UFly app. Also, legally, you're required to register and label your Mavic in order to fly in the US. It's a $5 fee. Visit Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Frequently Asked Questions for more information about flying in the US.Screenshot_20181126-090835_AirMap.jpeg

I'm east of Richmond in New Kent county. Plenty of open spaces but most are still privately owned. I frequent Diascund reservoir in Lanexa just off of Rt 60. Very few people or houses. Just don't bother those that are fishing.

Reactions: rtr32
I'm east of Richmond in New Kent county. Plenty of open spaces but most are still privately owned. I frequent Diascund reservoir in Lanexa just off of Rt 60. Very few people or houses. Just don't bother those that are fishing.

I flew out of Croaker Landing Pier this past weekend and crossed the York river...only 1 guy fishing on main pier. I flew from boat launch.

video here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/UPp79HwMGhdxGzg27

Airdata:

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
Heading to Virginia Beach waterfront weekend, hoping to get a flight in. B4UFly shows that area isn't too promising for places to fly.

Anyone fly at Buckroe? Recommend any other places in the area (20-30 min from VAB)?

Has anyone flown over at Lake Mooney/ Rocky Pen Run Reservoir in Stafford?

I’m in Hampton and find It hard to find places to fly...looking at the maps
Yeah that area is very difficult. I found a nice spot in Sandbridge to fly at the beach though. Little Island Park. It's about an hour from you, but this time of the year the beach is empty.

Yeah that area is very difficult. I found a nice spot in Sandbridge to fly at the beach though. Little Island Park. It's about an hour from you, but this time of the year the beach is empty.
Thanks for the info

Is there anyone who has to contact the airport towers ( Langley) in order to fly?

Hello, I'm in Norfolk and just got my M2Z 4 days ago but haven't had a chance to practice flying with it due to my location near the airport. Heading to Pungo today and see if I could find a safe place to practice there.

Hello, I'm in Norfolk and just got my M2Z 4 days ago but haven't had a chance to practice flying with it due to my location near the airport. Heading to Pungo today and see if I could find a safe place to practice there.
I'll try to get a video up of Little Island Park. It's a good stretch of beach with few people there. Perfectly legit to fly if you can't find anything in Pungo. Just watch the winds and birds (they won't attack).20190218_135305(2).jpeg

Reactions: Atong

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest