DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Virtual Litchi Mission

Camera is not pointing towards next WP in heading mode TNW in Google Earth Pro Virtual mission player.
Path mode is set to Straight Lines.
I am unable to make this work.
Same issue both in VLM app and using VLM addon in Chrome.

Tried to get help in litchi forum without success:

Virtual mission in google Earth wrong orientation

Last edited:
Camera is not pointing towards next WP in heading mode TNW in Google Earth Pro Virtual mission player.
Path mode is set to Straight Lines.
I am unable to make this work.
Same issue both in VLM app and using VLM addon in Chrome.

Tried to get help in litchi forum without success:

Virtual mission in google Earth wrong orientation

This issue has come up a few times already if you read back in this long thread (e.g. post 922 and subsequent discussion).

The problem is that Google Earth insists on smoothing out everything and does not properly honour missions with abrupt heading changes like yours.

I think the best you can do is to add a few additional WPs to constrain Google as far as possible. In particular you should add a waypoint just before your WP2 with the same heading as WP1 and another WP just before your WP3 with the same heading as WP2. Note that you will have to set heading mode to WD for this.

I will look into fixing this up in the next release of VLM

N

This issue has come up a few times already if you read back in this long thread (e.g. post 922 and subsequent discussion).

The problem is that Google Earth insists on smoothing out everything and does not properly honour missions with abrupt heading changes like yours.

I think the best you can do is to add a few additional WPs to constrain Google as far as possible. In particular you should add a waypoint just before your WP2 with the same heading as WP1 and another WP just before your WP3 with the same heading as WP2. Note that you will have to set heading mode to WD for this.

I will look into fixing this up in the next release of VLM

N
Thank you for your reply.
Tried adding Wps without success.
Looking forward to your solution

Reactions: borodaagvali
Virtual Litchi Mission V2.6.0 is now available.

As usual, the download link is available in the first post of this thread here. The link will take you to Dropbox from where you can download a zip file containing the VLM installer. You do not need to open a Dropbox account in order to download the file.

Prior to installing VLM, the installer will also install the required prerequisites from Microsoft these being .NET Framework 4.6 and the C++ Redistributable 2015-2022.

The following are the main changes since 2.5

1) VLM 2.6 is now more tightly bound to the Litchi Mission Hub and interacts directly with the Litchi code in order to get and set mission information. This means that parameters such as Units, Heading Mode, Path Mode etc are only required to be set in the Settings page of the Mission Hub and not also in VLM which should remove the chance of inconsistent settings.

2) Sending a mission to Google Earth is no longer done by exporting a CSV file - instead there is a button on the toolbar above the Mission Hub.

3) Improved handling of Straight line missions and those with Path Mode set to "To Next Waypoint". The handling of curved missions has not changed.

4) New options for automatic generation of helix and grid missions. These provide a quick and easy way to generate standard missions around Points of Interest. For example, clicking the helix button on the mission hub toolbar will generate a helix mission centred on POI1. Right click on the relevant button to access helix/grid config parameters.

5) New option to reverse the WP order of the current mission.

If required, there is more documentation in the help file included with the program.

I hope I have not introduced any new bugs - I am sure you will let me know if I have!

Thanks

N

Last edited:

As usual, the download link is available in the first post of this thread here. The link will take you to Dropbox from where you can download a zip file containing the VLM installer. You do not need to open a Dropbox account in order to download the file.

Prior to installing VLM, the installer will also install the required prerequisites from Microsoft these being .NET Framework 4.6 and the C++ Redistributable 2015-2022.

1) VLM 2.6 is now more tightly bound to the Litchi Mission Hub and interacts directly with the Litchi code in order to get and set mission information. This means that parameters such as Units, Heading Mode, Path Mode etc are only required to be set in the Settings page of the Mission Hub and not also in VLM which should remove the chance of inconsistent settings.

2) Sending a mission to Google Earth is no longer done by exporting a CSV file - instead there is a button on the toolbar above the Mission Hub.

3) Improved handling of Straight line missions and those with Path Mode set to "To Next Waypoint". The handling of curved missions has not changed.

4) New options for automatic generation of helix and grid missions. These provide a quick and easy way to generate standard missions around Points of Interest. For example, clicking the helix button on the mission hub toolbar will generate a helix mission centred on POI1. Right click on the relevant button to access helix/grid config parameters.

If required, there is more documentation in the help file included with the program.

I hope I have not introduced any new bugs - I am sure you will let me know if I have!

Thanks

N
Hello, Namirda!

Thank you so much for the update, for the new features that you give us.
I am very glad that thanks to this forum I got to know you and many wonderful people. Special thanks to the Forum for such opportunities.

I really hope, Namirda, that I will be heard by you after our correspondence. And you will find it necessary to add support for the Russian language to this program.

I'm already leaving for tests, I'll soon unsubscribe what and how.
Sincerely, Magomed Abdulaev Dag-tools.

Last edited:

Thanks

N
Virtual Lychee Mission V2.6.0

When composing a mission, incomprehensible actions are added?

Screenshot immediately after the opening of the mission!
1647603392256.png

This screenshot is right after clicking on the EARTH button!
And as we can see, two actions have been added to the mission "Stay For" ?
Although I didn't add them! ???

And because of the addition of these actions, the mission turns out to be a little jerky, as if it's walking up the stairs!

1647603467372.png

The mission turns out a little twitchy!

P.S. In the version of Virtual Lychee Mission V2.5.0, these functions were not automatically added when exporting the route to Google Earth Pro

I also noticed that these points need to be corrected
Overrides the checkbox.png

Last edited:

Thanks

N
Thanks a lot for a great update with new features.
The problem with drifting camera is almost gone - fantastic.
Reverse function is very valuable when doing 3d grid surveys with gimbal downward tilt e..g. -45 deg.
One issue that I have is that in some WP missions the camera is pointing to the north regardless of setting.
Thanks again for your effort :)

Reverse function is very valuable when doing 3d grid surveys with gimbal downward tilt e..g. -45 deg.
One issue that I have is that in some WP missions the camera is pointing to the north regardless of setting.
Everything worked great until yesterday. Now launching the app only gives the opening chime but no windows.
Anu ideas?

Everything worked great until yesterday. Now launching the app only gives the opening chime but no windows.
Anu ideas?
Try starting VLM while pressing CTRL at the same time to get to the VLM Reset dialog.

Press OK to return to initial settings. All VLM settings will be reset to default values so you will need to re-enter them.

This can happen if VLM does not shut down properly and the settings file gets corrupted.

N

Can you please give me a link to a mission where you see this problem?

N

Yes - this is a bug. A harmless one but still a bug.

If it bothers you then there is a bugfix version 2.6.1 which solves the problem.

See post 1 in this thread for the download link

N
Namirda!

1. Pilots ask if it is possible to make a grid not of three points of interest, but more? For example, from 20 points of interest?

2. It would be nice to designate the take-off and landing points as well))

3. And it would be nice to create a large mission, and be able to divide this mission by 99 points automatically.

Sincerely, Magomed

Namirda!

1. Pilots ask if it is possible to make a grid not of three points of interest, but more? For example, from 20 points of interest?

2. It would be nice to designate the take-off and landing points as well))

3. And it would be nice to create a large mission, and be able to divide this mission by 99 points automatically.

Sincerely, Magomed
Suggest you try
GitHub - YarostheLaunchpadder/MissionPlanner-to-Litchi: Convert Mission Planner (ArduCopter) Waypoint Missions to Litchi CSV Format to execute on DJI Drones
You can make grids of any size.
You will find more info in the tread:

Try starting VLM while pressing CTRL at the same time to get to the VLM Reset dialog.

Press OK to return to initial settings. All VLM settings will be reset to default values so you will need to re-enter them.

This can happen if VLM does not shut down properly and the settings file gets corrupted.

N
Thanks - works as a charm

Suggest you try
GitHub - YarostheLaunchpadder/MissionPlanner-to-Litchi: Convert Mission Planner (ArduCopter) Waypoint Missions to Litchi CSV Format to execute on DJI Drones
You can make grids of any size.
You will find more info in the tread:
Hi!
Yes, I am familiar with this method and at the moment I am making grids in it.
But this is not the way to develop a wonderful VLM program from Namirda!
For which I never tire of thanking him

This is purely my personal opinion, and it can not be taken into account. But the community where about 3000 pilots fly also sees the benefits in the functions that I have proposed.

Well, whether they are needed or not, Namirde decides, I rely entirely on him.

Reactions: Urkman

N
Suggest that you add this to you FAQ

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic