DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Virtual Litchi Mission

Hi Tufargon,

Can you please be a bit more specific about the bugs you find in V2.5. If I can duplicate the issues I will certainly try to fix them.

N
It has to do with my Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 driver/s (multiple tries with different versions). I've done comeplete removal of the driver and reinstallation and every time it opens up Google Earth I get pixels blinking all over Google earth and they move around. Google earth is the only program it has done this. When I switch to the onboard Intel graphics it works fine. That's why I say it's buggy on "my system". I should also mention it does not do any of that with the older version of VLM. I figure it may have to do with it being a standalone application that doesn't install itself into Winblows.
My complete removal of the driver involves this procedure.

Last edited:
Can someone try and run the below linked mission in their installation of VLM? Created in the Mission Hub it is just a simple "square" mission with Straight Lines" and TNW and 0 Curves in the Settings. When I run it in VLM the drone focuses not to the TNW, but on the waypoint 2 away. I just want to it go to a waypoint, rotate and go to the next, etc. I'm not sure if I have some setting wrong or not understanding what (Auto) TWM setting is suppose to do. Thanks

Here is a screen recording of what it looks like to me.

Last edited:
Can someone try and run the below linked mission in their installation of VLM? Created in the Mission Hub it is just a simple "square" mission with Straight Lines" and TNW and 0 Curves in the Settings. When I run it in VLM the drone focuses not to the TNW, but on the waypoint 2 away. I just want to it go to a waypoint, rotate and go to the next, etc. I'm not sure if I have some setting wrong or not understanding what (Auto) TWM setting is suppose to do. Thanks

Here is a screen recording of what it looks like to me.
I see the same result running your mission on my system. It appears that when the drone is flying toward waypoint x, the gimbal is rotating smoothly from waypoint x to waypoint x+1.

I looked through your settings and didn't see anything that would explain that. I'd have thought that the gimbal would point to the waypoint that aircraft was flying to. But, I've only recently begun using Litchi, so that may be the default behavior.

I'd expected the gimbal would behave as if there was a poi at each waypoint and point toward them in turn.

I see the same result running your mission on my system. It appears that when the drone is flying toward waypoint x, the gimbal is rotating smoothly from waypoint x to waypoint x+1.

I looked through your settings and didn't see anything that would explain that. I'd have thought that the gimbal would point to the waypoint that aircraft was flying to. But, I've only recently begun using Litchi, so that may be the default behavior.

I'd expected the gimbal would behave as if there was a poi at each waypoint and point toward them in turn.
That is what I thought it should do too. That doesn't seem to be what the manual says???

Hi Spudster,

Google Earth is not so good at flying missions like this - Google's algorithms insist on smoothing everything in order to give a 'nice' scenic flight.

In your case, you don't want it smooth and so you need to provide GE with more guidance - VLM can add extra infill WPs to do this.

First of all set your curve size to 9m for all WPs. You have chosen 9m for some WPs and not others

Then in the VLM smoothing options set

a) 21 Smoothing Points per WP. This will generate 21 extra WPs at each WP
b) Do Not Smooth limit to 5m
c) Infill WP Distance to 50m will create infill WPs on your longer legs

All these extra WPs should help constrain Google Earth's more flamboyant tendencies!

I think that is about as good as you are going to get.....

Thanks

N

Reactions: OzoneVibe
Hi Spudster,

Google Earth is not so good at flying missions like this - Google's algorithms insist on smoothing everything in order to give a 'nice' scenic flight.

Thanks. After a bunch of experimenting I have found if the curve is less then about 25ft (7m) the pointing of the drone is not correct in GE.

Namirda - I'm a new Litchi and VLM user. I've created a couple of waypoint/POI missions that ran successfully in VLM and were successful in real life (these were very simple, just 6 waypoints and a single POI). I then wanted to create and test a mission where at each waypoint the AC would hover for a period and rotate, with the gimbal in a fixed tilt (no POIs). Running in VLM this mission did not behave anything like what I anticipated. So I created a simple 3 WP mission where the AC stops, rotates, and then to the next WP. Gimbal set to interpolate and -20. In Google Earth Pro there is no gimbal tilt and no rotation. What am I doing wrong?
WP1: alt - 40 ft; heading - 90; action: none; gimbal: interp -20
WP2: alt - 100 ft; heading - 90; action: stay 30s, rotate 180; gimbal: interp -20
WP3: alt - 100 ft; heading - 90; action: stay 30s, rotate 270; gimbal: interp -20

Namirda - I'm a new Litchi and VLM user. I've created a couple of waypoint/POI missions that ran successfully in VLM and were successful in real life (these were very simple, just 6 waypoints and a single POI). I then wanted to create and test a mission where at each waypoint the AC would hover for a period and rotate, with the gimbal in a fixed tilt (no POIs). Running in VLM this mission did not behave anything like what I anticipated. So I created a simple 3 WP mission where the AC stops, rotates, and then to the next WP. Gimbal set to interpolate and -20. In Google Earth Pro there is no gimbal tilt and no rotation. What am I doing wrong?
WP2: alt - 100 ft; heading - 90; action: stay 30s, rotate 180; gimbal: interp -20
WP3: alt - 100 ft; heading - 90; action: stay 30s, rotate 270; gimbal: interp -20
As I recall, for waypoint actions to function you needs to change the mission setting to "Straight Lines", not "Curves", in the mission settings, so check that this is the case.
1643634954818.png

As I recall, for waypoint actions to function you needs to change the mission setting to "Straight Lines", not "Curves", in the mission settings, so check that this is the case.
View attachment 143011
Making that change did not affect the way the mission 'flew' in GEP. Still no hover and no gimbal tilt.

Hi,

You're not doing anything wrong - VLM does not support waypoint actions.

Also, as OzoneVibe mentioned, you will need to make sure your mission is set to straight lines if you want the AC to honor your actions in the real flight.

N

Reactions: OzoneVibe
Hi,

You're not doing anything wrong - VLM does not support waypoint actions.

Also, as OzoneVibe mentioned, you will need to make sure your mission is set to straight lines if you want the AC to honor your actions in the real flight.

N
@namirda thank-you for the reply. I flew the test mission yesterday and using the Litchi app on my phone discovered that straight lines were required to enable waypoint actions. Now I just need to figure out how to control the rate of yaw.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada