DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Virtual Litchi Mission

Hi,

Click on the VLM menu "Show/Activity Log" - I think this is probably what you are missing.

Try looking at the "Show/Profiles" as well - it's quite useful

N

hi namirda,
in the Show tab I have tried Activity Log Verbose and Profiles, tried both ticked and not ticked, in Setup I have tried Keep VLM window on top tried ticked and not ticked, still no VLM on left side.
Do you think it may change if I uninstall VLM and then reinstall ?

Namirda,

I can not thank you enough for sharing this fantastic tool (I promoted it in the Facebook Litchi App users group).
I was previously using "The Bridge" from Laurence Seberini (The Bridge) with which you could have an idea of your future shooting in clicking on the successive POIs in Google Earth. But this pseudo-flight was far from the actual one between waypoints. With your application you can see in G-E almost exactly what you'll shoot. And if you are not satisfied, you can fix the parameters of any waypoints at a glance and look immediately at the effects of the change. Amazing !

Again, Thank you very much !

Reactions: Hauptmann
hi namirda,
in the Show tab I have tried Activity Log Verbose and Profiles, tried both ticked and not ticked, in Setup I have tried Keep VLM window on top tried ticked and not ticked, still no VLM on left side.
Do you think it may change if I uninstall VLM and then reinstall ?

Hi Wombat,

I don't understand what is going wrong for you but I don't think re-installing should be necessary.

You can try resetting VLM to its install conditions which might help.

1) Close VLM
2) Delete the following folder and all subfolders : c:/users/yourname/appdata/local/Namirda_Inc
3) Restart VLM

You should then be back to initial state. Does that help?

N

Last edited:
Just to say thanks to Namirda for sharing this great tool
I read this topic as soon as i knew about it.
I'm going to try it now!

Namirda,

Will VTM work designing a mission in Google Earth Pro using Relative To Ground.(terrain following)

This is the mission I tried to load into VTM.

VLM Mission,

Last edited:
Hi Wombat,

I don't understand what is going wrong for you but I don't think re-installing should be necessary.

You can try resetting VLM to its install conditions which might help.

1) Close VLM
2) Delete the following folder and all subfolders : c:/users/yourname/appdata/local/Namirda_Inc
3) Restart VLM

You should then be back to initial state. Does that help?

N

Hi Namirda, that did the trick thank you.

when I open VLM it has the top line as can't find Google Earth Pro but still works as it should, see pic
Namirda v2.jpg

Hi.I downloaded virtual mission yesterday and have made a few missions that have worked successfully.I have a problem now that when I start the programme I hear the startup sound but nothing appears on screen.The programme shows in the taskbar but not on screen.I have tried uninstalling and installing again but the result is the same.

Reactions: SD Drone
Hi Namirda, that did the trick thank you.

when I open VLM it has the top line as can't find Google Earth Pro but still works as it should, see pic
View attachment 34683

Yes - that's just a warning to tell you that the registry entries for GE are not as expected. This warning will probably go a away if you reinstall GE but as long as everything is working for you you may as well just leave it as it is.

Glad to hear your other problem is fixed...

N

Reactions: wombat
Namirda,

Will VTM work designing a mission in Google Earth Pro using Relative To Ground.(terrain following)

This is the mission I tried to load into VTM.

VLM Mission,

Hi,

Yes - VLM Version 2 (but not version 1) does support the recently introduced Litchi RTG waypoint option.

If the RTG option is selected in Litchi for a given waypoint then that is honored by VLM.

If the RTG option is not selected in Litchi for a given waypoint then the elevation value is taken to be relative to either WP1 or a user specified value as selected in the VLM Setup.

Hope that helps

N

Yes - that's just a warning to tell you that the registry entries for GE are not as expected. This warning will probably go a away if you reinstall GE but as long as everything is working for you you may as well just leave it as it is.

Glad to hear your other problem is fixed...

N

Thanks Namirda for a great program, is there some reason you cannot charge for this, what about setting up a donation with PayPal.

Hi.I downloaded virtual mission yesterday and have made a few missions that have worked successfully.I have a problem now that when I start the programme I hear the startup sound but nothing appears on screen.The programme shows in the taskbar but not on screen.I have tried uninstalling and installing again but the result is the same.

Same issue with my Virtual Mission.

I'm sorry but I have no idea! Most other users seems to have no problem now so I guess it must be something on your PC.

I can only suggest the following:

1) Check that VLM is not being blocked by your Antivirus or firewall.
2) Delete the folder used to store your settings : c:/users/yourname/appdata/local/Namirda_Inc and all subfolders
3) Delete the VLM cache folder c:/users/yourname/appdata/local/temp/vlm
4) Check in your event log for any errors

Hope that helps!

N

I'm sorry but I have no idea! Most other users seems to have no problem now so I guess it must be something on your PC.

I can only suggest the following:

1) Check that VLM is not being blocked by your Antivirus or firewall.
2) Delete the folder used to store your settings : c:/users/yourname/appdata/local/Namirda_Inc and all subfolders
3) Delete the VLM cache folder c:/users/yourname/appdata/local/temp/vlm
4) Check in your event log for any errors

Hope that helps!

N
Just for grins, boot up in safe mode and try installing/running it. If it runs then you know it's something on your pc at least.

Hi Namirda,

I have downloaded and installed VLM v2.0. When I tried to export CSV file to google earth I see these messages.

5:27:43 PM Timed Out waiting for Google Earth Elevation API
5:27:43 PM Error Getting Ground Elevations from Google Earth
5:27:43 PM Error Correcting Waypoint Altitudes for reference

I have installed NET4.6 any idea why?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi Namirda,

I have downloaded and installed VLM v2.0. When I tried to export CSV file to google earth I see these messages.

5:27:43 PM Timed Out waiting for Google Earth Elevation API
5:27:43 PM Error Getting Ground Elevations from Google Earth
5:27:43 PM Error Correcting Waypoint Altitudes for reference

I have installed NET4.6 any idea why?

Thanks.

Hi,

Yes - those messages mean that VLM is unable to access the internet from your PC - it needs to talk to Google to get elevation information. The most likely culprit is your firewall or Antivirus. If neither of those are blocking VLM then you probably have a more general internet connection problem such as dns server, router etc etc.

Try disabling your firewall and AV first and see if it helps.

N

Hi,

Yes - those messages mean that VLM is unable to access the internet from your PC - it needs to talk to Google to get elevation information. The most likely culprit is your firewall or Antivirus. If neither of those are blocking VLM then you probably have a more general internet connection problem such as dns server, router etc etc.

Try disabling your firewall and AV first and see if it helps.

N
Hi Namirda,

I have disabled my antivirus, but still seeing the issue. I have switch to VLM version 1.0.4/1.0.5 and it works fine.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi Namirda
Sorry to disturb you. Its not really an answer, but to relate a problem just arising today. I have read all posts above, have added VLM to firewall, stopped AV, but still have the following message, as below, and connected to Microsoft.Net Framework :
What is wrong in my installation and/or PC ?
When it worked, it was a very usefull software, usefull to see if the flight is compatible with ground elevations.
Thanks for your cooperationMessage VLM.PNG

Hi Namirda
Sorry to disturb you. Its not really an answer, but to relate a problem just arising today. I have read all posts above, have added VLM to firewall, stopped AV, but still have the following message, as below, and connected to Microsoft.Net Framework :
When it worked, it was a very usefull software, usefull to see if the flight is compatible with ground elevations.
Thanks for your cooperationView attachment 35014
Hi Bernard,

If I understand you correctly, you had VLM running at one point but then it stopped working. Is that correct?

The message is telling you that cefsharp.core.dll is missing. This file should have been installed when you installed VLM.

I suggest you uninstall VLM and then reinstall it and check for error messages during the installation.

N

Hi Namirda
Thanks for your cooperationView attachment 35014

Install the 64bit version if you have 64bit OS. I installed 32bit originally and got this message until I removed and installed the 64bit version.

namirda - just to say I came across your app by accident the other evening and after using it today - brill, wow! You should defo setup some kind of donation system for a few pennies in your pocket!

One question though - my main litchi settings for some flights is set to heading Auto (TNW) and what I am seeing in the Google Earth replay is the flight plays at heading 0 degrees unless you set heading mode to Custom (WD) in Litchi and stipulate Heading per waypoint
- is this just how it is or am I missing something?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661