DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Visiting San Diego for the next couple of weeks. Can someone point me to good sites to fly and those that are off limits?

JimSteadman

Reactions
I have Aloft and can ask for permission in restricted zones, but where are the best places to fly in SD?

I have Aloft and can ask for permission in restricted zones, but where are the best places to fly in SD?
A simple Google search of "drone rules in San Diego" will provide some help. I did that while in Denver, CO and it's getting tougher to fly in some places.

Aloft / B4UFLY / UAVForecast are good apps to check before and where you may be and wanting to fly. B4UFLY also has a PC browser based version for having a screen bigger than a phone / tablet.

While there may be "restrictions" in many areas - due to US Military presence in area - get just outside any of the zones and HAVE FUN!

Check out anywhere along the coast north from Mission Bay to La Jolla to Del Mar and Solana Beach. There is also a stretch of the Sunset Cliffs area to Ocean Beach that you can fly at and below 50 ft: see the restrictions noted in Aloft.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan