DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Visually lost my Mini 2, 200ft from me and 30 ft up

(....)
I immediately ordered the ARC V 3 pack, white red, green light set, ordered it yesterday from Firehouse Technology. Got a shipping notice this morning which is phenomenal service.

I also have a skin ordered to help with visibility in my conditions.
Pardon my neophyte question but does the added weight now factor into the need to register your Mini2 or is this not applicable to accessorizing? thanks

Not sure what going on here
I never watch mine anyway and seldom see it after takeoff until above and in near descent
Why do you need to see it ?

This has happened to me too. Can anyone tell me what is the best forward (camera facing) strobe / led / combo. So that I can maintain VLS but not make the Mavic look like it has a giant LED Horn on its aft?

Recommend lights. All my skins look gray against the sky at 300’ and above
I skinned mine also... but it’s cosmetic unless I have a landing in an unplanned location.
I prefer @Wrapgrade skins personally due to better coverage, despite costing more... after well over a year and hundreds of flights still look new. Ririko can help you there.
Thanks for your mention of WRAPGRADE.JP. I wish I had known of them or done more of a search to find them, as I basically just stumbled upon iStyles, which seems to sell DecalGirl product at a slightly reduced price. I loved the variety of options (about 300 for the M2P) that the DecalGirl collection has. I settled on "EVAC" for mine, and a nice glossy burlwood for my Smart Controller. I get the point of the guy who's a stealth proponent, but man, if all the Teslas out there were just medium gray, what a boring world..... anyway, now my little machine is more unique and more "mine." If I ever tire of my current skin, I'll definitely go with the much nicer looking WRAPGRADE. I also plunked down for the Nanuk 925 with the M2+SC custom foam insert from HardcaseHQ. I like it. (Under the controller is the car charger and a PolarPro Variable ND filter.)20210121_182600.jpg

Reactions: Thomas B
Was my 2nd flight, flying on frozen lake in Ely, MN, had flow away from me and was hovering, adjusting gimbal, looked up and couldn't see my drone. Was showing my wife for first time and she spotted it. It was a very dark grey day. It blended into ice, snow, birch and popple trees. I finally saw it and no crash or anything.

I immediately ordered the ARC V 3 pack, white red, green light set, ordered it yesterday from Firehouse Technology. Got a shipping notice this morning which is phenomenal service.

I also have a skin ordered to help with visibility in my conditions.
The Firehouse Strobes are fantastic, I just purchased them just recently. Also a bright colour skin not only helps protect the craft but visibility is so much better. I used Orange on mine, great against blue sky and or dark backgrounds.