DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Warning to Trackimo users

Brojon

Reactions
So June 1st my Trackimo stopped working.
After a few go arounds with tech support it turns out that AT&T and Verizon have shut down their 2G services.
So the 2G model still being sold by various companies and fleaBay sellers is worthless in the US now.
Anyone wanna Trackimo cheep?

i see many trackimos being sold as 3g but if theres no 3g stamped on the front,then their 2g.same happened to me,mine worked 3 months then quit and seller says sorry its past warranty.amazon said refund me or face legal disputes
i now have a 3G.,,trackimo even gave me an extra free year cell service.

So June 1st my Trackimo stopped working.
After a few go arounds with tech support it turns out that AT&T and Verizon have shut down their 2G services.
So the 2G model still being sold by various companies and fleaBay sellers is worthless in the US now.
Anyone wanna Trackimo cheep?
was it sold as a 3G?,,if so its fraud,get your money back.

was it sold as a 3G?,,if so its fraud,get your money back.
I've been using it a year now long story but I got a killer deal on it. Trackimo is refunding the 2 remaining months. If it was more recent they would have offered me a discount on the new one.
Oh well. Trying to remember the names of some of the other options for location tracking since I'm in teh market anyway.

They'd been warning about this for a couple years now... The day has finally arrived :( I'm concerned a lot of eBay buyers may have been scammed into getting a 2G model not knowing until it's too late.

They'd been warning about this for a couple years now... The day has finally arrived :( I'm concerned a lot of eBay buyers may have been scammed into getting a 2G model not knowing until it's too late.
First I've heard about it happening so soon - originally AT&T said they would phase out by 2020. Then - BOOM! Lights out. I wasn't even thinking about this when the thing stopped tracking.

Reactions: Former Member
Ive been using the Marco Polo lately no 2G / 3G to worry about and no subscriptions.

Ah - that's eh one I was trying to remember. How well does the vector location system work?
My undrstanding is it only gives you a direction to go - nothing about how far away?
Sometimes it's nice to have a good idea of position so an effective recovery path can be figured out.

Ah - that's eh one I was trying to remember. How well does the vector location system work?
My undrstanding is it only gives you a direction to go - nothing about how far away?
Sometimes it's nice to have a good idea of position so an effective recovery path can be figured out.
each of them have limitations,the trackimo requires cell service,the marco polo realistically in many situations need to be within 1/2 to 3/4 mile away max,otherwise you need to check areas blind till it picks up a signal.
i have both on my drones but one will suffice with a little extra effort.

First I've heard about it happening so soon - originally AT&T said they would phase out by 2020. Then - BOOM! Lights out. I wasn't even thinking about this when the thing stopped tracking.

We had plenty of warning about 2G shutting down but I thought Verizon were going to continue it for a while over there?

each of them have limitations,the trackimo requires cell service,the marco polo realistically in many situations need to be within 1/2 to 3/4 mile away max,otherwise you need to check areas blind till it picks up a signal.
i have both on my drones but one will suffice with a little extra effort.

That's the problem with Marco Polo.
I considered it but when I saw the range decided it wouldn't help if you had a fly away with a full battery.

That's the problem with Marco Polo.
I considered it but when I saw the range decided it wouldn't help if you had a fly away with a full battery.
actually you only need to map 9 joining areas and considering the mavics range limits,your guaranteed to pick up a signal.

Reactions: stuckinbis
What is the range at full speed with a full battery?
I'll stick to Trackimo
mp is 4.5 miles
what is your plan when theres no cell service?
do like me,use em both:D

Reactions: Rockl
for the past few months trackimo has been having serious issues with their tracking,im told their engineers are working on it,,but would suck if it puked when its needed

i have to click 3 times for history and 1 out of 5 times my device location will show and sometimes have to log out and back in,,it may be an area issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS