DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Warning to Trackimo users

I have no cell service where I fly 90% of the time so I guess I only have one option . Lol

i have a 10k rpm drill,i strap my drone to that bugger and water cant stand a chance...:p
Gawd no - think of the poor accelerometer!
That's weird....my Mavic Pro also took a swim with it and the camera stopped working. I put the Mavic in a container filled with rice and the camera started working again after that. The reason I did that is because a friend had dropped his cell phone in the lake a couple years back. He put it in a bag of rice for a week and it came back to life. My buddy told me silica gel or the alcohol bath was a better alternative. I just couldn't bring myself to dunk my Mavic in alcohol. From now on I'm going with silica gel in a sealed container.
I'm glad the code worked on the sale...that's awesome!
This is why the misinformation persists - some folks get lucky that their electronics really didn't get that wet or didn't bridge conductors.
Look it up.
Here's an article to read : Don't Put Your Device in Rice. Here's Why...

Yep - but as I said I was more interested in the mount. I hate kludges to reliably hold stuff on.
Originally I was going to skip on the advanced version. But after looking at it closely, I like the build quality more, and the mounting brackets. I also prefer this stiff antenna.

Wish I knew about those discount codes. I just got mine a week or so ago. Mounting the advanced is a bit trickier due to size. I ended up with mine on the front top of the Mavic. I don’t have to take it off when putting in my Fly More bag or to charge. No issues when flying. Doesn’t look as slick, but better than losing another drone.

Last edited:
Here's a better link Brojon, yours didnt seem to work.

Last edited:
So June 1st my Trackimo stopped working.
After a few go arounds with tech support it turns out that AT&T and Verizon have shut down their 2G services.
So the 2G model still being sold by various companies and fleaBay sellers is worthless in the US now.
Anyone wanna Trackimo cheep?Another good reason to go with the Marco Polo - We don't need no steekin phone service.

Anyone tried the “ping” yet. It does use cell. I just got one in the mail and I’m working on some testing before using it on any of the ac’s. One location test so far was within five feet for accuracy purposes.

So June 1st my Trackimo stopped working.
After a few go arounds with tech support it turns out that AT&T and Verizon have shut down their 2G services.
So the 2G model still being sold by various companies and fleaBay sellers is worthless in the US now.
Anyone wanna Trackimo cheep?
When I purchase my Trackimo I read all the info a couple years ago, they specifically explained in the Documentation the 2G systems with ATT and others are discontinued or being discontinued, so I purchased a 3G system. If you read the info you would have known that 2G was not usable in the US, it is still usable in some countries!

When I purchase my Trackimo I read all the info a couple years ago, they specifically explained in the Documentation the 2G systems with ATT and others are discontinued or being discontinued, so I purchased a 3G system. If you read the info you would have known that 2G was not usable in the US, it is still usable in some countries!
You assume I bought it from Trackimo. In fact I bought it from a company that white labels the units under an agreement with Trackimo. The company selling them fail to disclose that info and in fact still have the ad up on Amazon. I made Trackimo aware of their non-disclosure and they are looking into it.
I don't get why some folks like to try and point out that it's supposedly your own fault for not paying attention when they don't have all the facts themselves... Not to mention I have been using the Trackimo all this time up until June 1 when the lights went out. So it was in fact "usable".

Yep - but as I said I was more interested in the mount. I hate kludges to reliably hold stuff on.
My Marco came as marketed toward drone use and cane with a bracket to mount on the back of the mavic,as well I think it came with some Velcro kit. I really like my Marco,it’s the light version I have. One thing,if you are located outside the USA you may have to pay duty. I paid something like 22 Canadian dollars for duty,but I still feel it was worth the expense.

Anyone tried the “ping” yet.
I have one. While it doesn't offer real-time tracking, I think it's sufficient for finding a missing drone.

What is that you’re using to attach your Marco to the MP? That looks great! I use the Marco myself as cell coverage is spotty in the mountains
It is a 3D Printed Mount, available HERE

From looking at the site I haven’t noticed if this mount holds all the Marco versions. I have the unit with the smaller rubberized looking antenna.do u know if this mount will work with this version? That might be a dumb question :)
This mount holds the Ultra-Light model found HERE

From looking at the site I haven’t noticed if this mount holds all the Marco versions. I have the unit with the smaller rubberized looking antenna.do u know if this mount will work with this version? That might be a dumb question :)
I currently do not have a mount for the original Marco Polo, I'm working on one now, I'm buried so it may be a bit. The original transceiver looks like this:
marcooriginal.jpg

Would never fly without it

I totally agree, we use different tracking devices (Marco Polo) on this end but in my environment, a minimum of 50% of my takeoff locations are w/o cellular and God only knows how many locations I fly into that don't have cellular. That is why I use the Marco Polo.

Kinda like the old American Express commercial, Don't leave home without it (tracking device).

This thread is “Warning to Trackimo users
I’m surprised everyone is not more upset that the Trackimo App no longer worked on ios devices. It’s been like this for months now.

The program will not start up on an Apple iPad or iPhone. Support says especially the iPhone 10.
The problem is that most may not know this until they lose their drone out in the field, and then realize the Trackimo iPhone app will not start up. It has been like this for months without a word from these folks.

Absolutely a terrible company.

The problem is that most may not know this until they lose their drone out in the field, and then realize the Trackimo iPhone app will not start up. It has been like this for months without a word from these folks.
im sure users check their tracker before their out in the field and i have to disagree that their terrible,i got the shaft from a ebay seller passing a 2g off for a 3g
the 2g worked for a few months till it quit but trackimo gave me a extra year service on my new trackimo

This thread is “Warning to Trackimo users
I’m surprised everyone is not more upset that the Trackimo App no longer worked on ios devices. It’s been like this for months now.

The program will not start up on an Apple iPad or iPhone. Support says especially the iPhone 10.

Absolutely a terrible company.
Go with the Marco and you eliminate this issue altogether. The Marco type of tracking has been around for quite awhile,and it really works. Cell networks change a lot. As do “apps” one day your kit works,the next apple/Microsoft send u an email that they’re not supporting it anymore. Nobody should be surprised by that in this age.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada