DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Warning to Trackimo users

Ah - that's eh one I was trying to remember. How well does the vector location system work?
My undrstanding is it only gives you a direction to go - nothing about how far away?
Sometimes it's nice to have a good idea of position so an effective recovery path can be figured out.
It shows signal strength, no distance. Here is a decent video on operation:

Reactions: stuckinbis
virginia usa
some days its speedie,others not so

After a lot of research I chose the Marco Polo advanced model. Works as advertised. Wish I had it when I lost my Spark. Between “find my drone” and this tracker I won’t be losing my Maveric.

Yup - I'm still waffling but given many remote areas here in Texas don't have cell coverage I'll likely go with the Marco Polo.
Anybody know of any discounts?

Last edited:
Thanks - I saw the "sale" price when I went to their site.
Trying to decide if it's worth the extra $$$ for the waterproof version since it also has a mounting bracket...
Interesting in the Amazon ad there was a question about underwater and they say they tested it and water attenuates the signal significantly.

FYI, the waterproof rating is IP67. That means it can be dropped into a body of water up to one meter deep for 30 minutes.

FYI, the waterproof rating is IP67. That means it can be dropped into a body of water up to one meter deep for 30 minutes.
which does no good for drone recovery

Yep - but as I said I was more interested in the mount. I hate kludges to reliably hold stuff on.

Yep - but as I said I was more interested in the mount. I hate kludges to reliably hold stuff on.
I bought landing gear and mounted my Marco Polo to the rear legs with velcro. I already had to use MP once when I crashed and it worked great! As far as distance if it is farther out and you get no signal just drive or walk towards the area it was headed for, when you get within distance of it you will pick up the signal. BTW, I have the non waterproof one which took a dip in the water and stopped working. After 24 hours in a rice bath it started working again. I was between getting a Trackimo and the MP, I got the MP because of the following reasons :
1) No monthly fee
2) MP is smaller than the Trackimo
3) MP is lighter than Trackimo (22 grams vs 42 grams)
4) When I go to visit my friend in the mountains of Vermont there is no cell service rendering Trackimo useless.

If you buy MP direct from the manufacturer you can save 10% by using code SAVE10 011new.jpg

Last edited:
I bought landing gear and mounted my Marco Polo to the rear legs with velcro. I already had to use MP once when I crashed and it worked great! As far as distance if it is farther out and you get no signal just drive or walk towards the area it was headed for, when you get within distance of it you will pick up the signal. BTW, I have the non waterproof one which took a dip in the water and stopped working. After 24 hours in a rice bath it started working again.
For the record this is one interwebz nugget that I wish I could eradicate. The following is not directed at any individual - rather it is for everyone.
Dry rice will NOT absorb the water from electronics. Period. End of story. Please don't bother with assertions it worked for you - you got lucky.
The best recovery is to soak in a high grade alcohol. Alcohol absorbs 2.5x its volume in water. We all know that it evaporates exceptionally well and fast.
Those two attributes will dry your stuff very quickly.
Dunk in alcohol.
Drain
Repeat several times using fresh alcohol each time.
Dry with hair dryer on low.
If really paranoid wait a day before powering on to see if you succeeded.

BTW - thanks for teh savings code - it worked on top of their current sale!

For the record this is one interwebz nugget that I wish I could eradicate. The following is not directed at any individual - rather it is for everyone.
Dry rice will NOT absorb the water from electronics. Period. End of story. Please don't bother with assertions it worked for you - you got lucky.
The best recovery is to soak in a high grade alcohol. Alcohol absorbs 2.5x its volume in water. We all know that it evaporates exceptionally well and fast.
Dunk in alcohol.
Drain

i have a 10k rpm drill,i strap my drone to that bugger and water cant stand a chance...:p

Dunk in alcohol.
Drain

That's weird....my Mavic Pro also took a swim with it and the camera stopped working. I put the Mavic in a container filled with rice and the camera started working again after that. The reason I did that is because a friend had dropped his cell phone in the lake a couple years back. He put it in a bag of rice for a week and it came back to life. My buddy told me silica gel or the alcohol bath was a better alternative. I just couldn't bring myself to dunk my Mavic in alcohol. From now on I'm going with silica gel in a sealed container.
I'm glad the code worked on the sale...that's awesome!

I bought landing gear and mounted my Marco Polo to the rear legs with velcro. I already had to use MP once when I crashed and it worked great! As far as distance if it is farther out and you get no signal just drive or walk towards the area it was headed for, when you get within distance of it you will pick up the signal. BTW, I have the non waterproof one which took a dip in the water and stopped working. After 24 hours in a rice bath it started working again. I was between getting a Trackimo and the MP, I got the MP because of the following reasons :
1) No monthly fee
2) MP is smaller than the Trackimo
3) MP is lighter than Trackimo (22 grams vs 42 grams)
4) When I go to visit my friend in the mountains of Vermont there is no cell service rendering Trackimo useless.

If you buy MP direct from the manufacturer you can save 10% by using code SAVE10 View attachment 40138

I prefer the fact that I can just get my phone out and see exactly where my drone is on a map and not have to drive around hoping it went in a straight line and didn't get blown off course.

I prefer the fact that I can just get my phone out and see exactly where my drone is on a map and not have to drive around hoping it went in a straight line and didn't get blown off course.
Understood but I have to say my Mavic was about 2 miles away and my MP took me directly to it. If you tried that where I was you wouldn't have located it (no cell service area).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard