DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Warning to Trackimo users

This thread is “Warning to Trackimo users
I’m surprised everyone is not more upset that the Trackimo App no longer worked on ios devices. It’s been like this for months now.

The program will not start up on an Apple iPad or iPhone. Support says especially the iPhone 10.
The problem is that most may not know this until they lose their drone out in the field, and then realize the Trackimo iPhone app will not start up. It has been like this for months without a word from these folks.

Absolutely a terrible company.

I don't buy anything Apple so had no idea.
I check mine before I fly.

Go with the Marco and you eliminate this issue altogether. The Marco type of tracking has been around for quite awhile,and it really works. Cell networks change a lot. As do “apps” one day your kit works,the next apple/Microsoft send u an email that they’re not supporting it anymore. Nobody should be surprised by that in this age.

Until Marco extends it's range to 10+ miles I'll stick with Trackimo.

Until Marco extends it's range to 10+ miles I'll stick with Trackimo.
Where I live one is not permitted to fly more than 500m out. Although cell coverage is quite good in Canada,where I live is mountainous and cell coverage is non existent in many areas I like to fly. So I stick with the Marco but wow! 10 miles that’d be comforting! The coverage in Oz must be tops.

Where I live one is not permitted to fly more than 500m out. Although cell coverage is quite good in Canada,where I live is mountainous and cell coverage is non existent in many areas I like to fly. So I stick with the Marco but wow! 10 miles that’d be comforting! The coverage in Oz must be tops.

By 10 miles I meant the range of your bird if it flies away.
There are some black spots but luckily not where I fly.
It depends on who your phone is with too.
Vodafone and Optus aren't the best here.

This thread is “Warning to Trackimo users
I’m surprised everyone is not more upset that the Trackimo App no longer worked on ios devices. It’s been like this for months now.

The program will not start up on an Apple iPad or iPhone. Support says especially the iPhone 10.
The problem is that most may not know this until they lose their drone out in the field, and then realize the Trackimo iPhone app will not start up. It has been like this for months without a word from these folks.

Absolutely a terrible company.
Not true in my case - it still worked on both my iPhone 6s+ and iPad Mini 4 - all with latest iOS.
Note that my Trackimo worked up until June 1st late in the afternoon. I have my track from that day as we were traveling out of town to a funeral.

BTW - I sprung for the Marco Polo and am mostly pleased by it. I stuck the unit in a tree fork which I considered a worst case since the trunk blocked it from all but a tiny window.
Took the dog for a walk and on the way back activated the tracker. It picked up the signal about 3 blocks away - or around 1/4 mile. I consider this pretty dang good as we're talking through houses and many many trees. At 2 blocks it gave me a direction arrow. It was a no brainer to home in - I deliberately walked past it and it swung me around immediately.
Good stuff!

Reactions: Aerial-Pixel
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser