DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Watch exactly does Compass Interference measure?

Then it would not calibrate compass when I fly it in the US... and it does calibrate well here. I would assume it is more likely related to firmware.

Well if you think so.. But if it was you'd see many more people with the issue.
Anyway, your choice if you want to wait a few months for a firmware update that is very unlikely to "fix" something that isn't a known problem.

Well if you think so.. But if it was you'd see many more people with the issue.
Anyway, your choice if you want to wait a few months for a firmware update that is very unlikely to "fix" something that isn't a known problem.

On the DJI forum I know of at least three others with the same problem. It calibrates compass in the US bot not abroad.

That's what, 3 people reporting the same actual issue (working in some places, not in others)? The others just mention general trouble calibrating around their place.

There are tens of thousands of Mavic Airs around, and you bet there are more than a handful travelling with them (I have).

Anyway even if you think it can be fixed by firmware that would require DJI to be aware of it through support channels, so you need to contact support. Unless they get a fre dozens of hundreds of reports they will never see that as an issue but just a defect on individual units.

Actually there's a new firmware coming out today, so you could try that - but there is no mention of anything compass related in the changes.

Funny that in this thread someone said they contacted support and response was they should replace it, and another one said that demagnetizing helped (both points I raised last night).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine