DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Well, I crashed. RTH issue? Update!

joejaxvic123

Reactions
I am beside myself! Took a nice flight, coming back, batt warning, rth override, could not cancel, bird gains alt, overshoots home, into tree, I try sport mode at last moment, failed, shot back towards tree, bird hits limbs, tumbles down, broken rear arm and gimble...

I'm pretty devistated, I've got the care plan, now have to deal with all this stuff, and I'm not computer savvy....so bear with me.

I have no idea how to upload all that's needed.

Thanks, I want you to see my flight log. I know I panicked, but I swear I was trying to cancel rth. When she got in real close to the tree I remembered sport mode, I hit it, hit reverse, she went forward into tree.

I can compare the video to the log with remote input, there was a split second where forward input was indicated, although there is no way I hit forward, i hit full reverse right.

Battery set to 20 low 15 critical. She rth at 19, no way to confirm or override. I was only 160' away from hp.

Thanks concussion, I'm trying to get it to work, honestly I have the worse luck with technology. And here I am messing with a thousand dollar drone. Yeesh.

What really stinks is I was coming in for a landing and had full control until rth took it at 160' out with 19% of battery.

Thanks concussion, I'm trying to get it to work, honestly I have the worse luck with technology. And here I am messing with a thousand dollar drone. Yeesh.

What really stinks is I was coming in for a landing and had full control until rth took it at 160' out with 19% of battery.

Did you have multiple flight modes enabled? If not, then sport mode wouldn't have worked to disengage RTH.

Yes. Enabled mfm. I don't know. I'm trying to get the data to upload. I'm beside myself. I had it at 160' coming in for the epic landing and it determines I'm an idiot and it needs to fly up into a tree!!

Will the data show button input? I see stick, which is obvious. I know I was in panic mode, I could have sworn I hit pause at one point.

Thanks, I want you to see my flight log. I know I panicked, but I swear I was trying to cancel rth. When she got in real close to the tree I remembered sport mode, I hit it, hit reverse, she went forward into tree.

I can compare the video to the log with remote input, there was a split second where forward input was indicated, although there is no way I hit forward, i hit full reverse right.

You do know that a single push on the return to home button on the RC itself will cancel return to home right? I’ve had to do this more than once. When the first time came where the battery got low and it started returning to home on its own I panicked like you and was trying to fight it. I was about to land somewhere else. And it just started going up on me and I wasn’t sure what the heck was going on. Because I was not near the home . Where I took off. I missed the cancel on the screen and was very close to a tree. It kept trying to go up into the tree and I kept having to hold down. Eventually I realized I could just tap the return to home button on the remote and it will cancel it. Next time you are out flying when you get your bird fixed, press The return to home button. While it’s returning, press it again and it will cancel it

Now you tell me! Yeesh! Thanks...

Just kidding, I was in FPM!

Full Panic Mode.

Now I have to deal with all the packing and unpacking....

Town to town, up and down the dial.....

Landmine...has taken my sight, taken my speech, taken my hearing, ...taken my arms, taken my legs, taken my soul, left me with life in hell.....

i did the exact same thing, it wouldnd respond in rth mode, i was fighting it the whole way and she was full out of control, i was lucky i was in a open area, scared the crap out of me

Reactions: joejaxvic123
Sorry to hear buddy, just remember. In case of panic just press the pause key on the remote.
If you are running out of battery, find a good alternate place to land. Many people just rush and go into panic because the bird is not going to land where they are, well you can find a good alternate place to land and keep it hovering as much as possible while you get there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron613