DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What’s the typical turnaround time to send Mavic Pro to DJI and get back?

jwwphoto

Reactions
No crash. Just a small issue with a replacement SD Card slot cover. I called and the agent suggest I wait until a major repair to be done.

But It is like I bought a new car and the hood doesn’t close properly. I want them to make it right. Didn’t plan on using it much till spring anyway.

Jeff

Reactions: planotx42
From what I've seen, the average is about 2 weeks. With that said, I'm sure they (DJI) are overwhelmed with everyone that received a drone for Xmas and have crashed. Hold on to it for now.

No crash. Just a small issue with a replacement SD Card slot cover. I called and the agent suggest I wait until a major repair to be done.

But It is like I bought a new car and the hood doesn’t close properly. I want them to make it right. Didn’t plan on using it much till spring anyway.

Jeff
I'd probably be inclined to wait.

There's no guarantee you will get the same mavic back.

There's no guarantee you will get the same mavic back.
Right. DJI usually sends back a refurbished Mavic.

If you want to get your Mavic fixed, then contact someone like @Thunderdrones who can do repairs on your dime.

Well, lets step back for a moment. Please describe the issue in more detail. There is a method to slipping the cover back in over the SD card holder.
What are you experiencing? Does it not line up side to side or up and down when trying to slip it back into place?

Wanna take a video and upload to youtube so I/We can observe the method and potential issue?

To answer the question, I sent mine in last Tuesday(December 26th) due to a crash the day before. I just got a message from them yesterday(January 3rd) that it has been shipped back. Even so, the serial number on the one coming back is not what I sent them, so it is possible it may take a little longer if your bird actually gets repaired and returned to you instead of a replacement. Also, UPS estimates that it will arrive on January the 8th.

My two cents, If your MP is working really good, then Don't send it in for only the SD slot cover. See if you can get a replacement part else where. You may not get your original MP back. Not work the risk. And when I sent mine in after a crash, it took 2-1/2 weeks round trip.

Jeff

If you want to keep your drone then just pay to get the cover replaced locally as DJI will send you a replacement drone that's just how they do things.

One thing to consider with this is if you have insurance or any commercial activity linked to your Mavic as what comes back will have a different serial number and any linked documents will now have the wrong serial number on them.... just something to consider.

A friend just sent his off to DJI and specifically requested that his original quad be returned. We'll see.
I never thought about that myself, but it couldn't hurt to ask. I'm just wondering out loud if DJI would frown against that since it may actually cost them money to do so. Personally, a new or like new bird would make me happier, especially since mine is bone stock. Still, I can see people wanting their original bird back for various reasons.

If you want to keep your drone then just pay to get the cover replaced locally as DJI will send you a replacement drone that's just how they do things.

One thing to consider with this is if you have insurance or any commercial activity linked to your Mavic as what comes back will have a different serial number and any linked documents will now have the wrong serial number on them.... just something to consider.

Are there other repair facilities out there that could install the replacement part (Slot Cover)? I am into drones for one month now so I don’t know.......

Well, lets step back for a moment. Please describe the issue in more detail. There is a method to slipping the cover back in over the SD card holder.
What are you experiencing? Does it not line up side to side or up and down when trying to slip it back into place?

Wanna take a video and upload to youtube so I/We can observe the method and potential issue?

Sure. The rubber retention strip has a large wrinkle in it and it bunches up and keeps the Slot Cover from staying all the way in.

2754883233058259f1e479874e332480.jpg

Yeah I got ya. That rubber piece is all crimped and I can see how it could bunch up. Just inspected mine and its pretty flat.

Reluctantly, I have initiated a case to return for that minor repair / replacement. My problem is understanding the agent, or vice versa.
I have the care Refresh plan but don’t want to waste the first occurrence on this as I want to pay for repair.

He said I could request my drone to be repaired and not a unit that has undergone repairs or refurbishment. I think I am going to cut the rubber off and see if it will close. If it does, I don’t really stand to lose. I use the micro USB port anyway to download images / video from card,

So we will see.

Jeff

Contact @Thunderdrones here on the forum and explain your position and what work you want to occur. He is an authorized repair agent from my understanding and wouldnt it be much better to work with a known and trusted forum member?

You will also not receive a used drone that has been refurbished like what "could" happen with DJI.

It doesn't hurt to discuss your options.

I flagged him so you can determine if he can be of help.

Reactions: Former Member
Contact @Thunderdrones here on the forum and explain your position and what work you want to occur. He is an authorized repair agent from my understanding and wouldnt it be much better to work with a known and trusted forum member?

You will also not receive a used drone that has been refurbished like what "could" happen with DJI.

It doesn't hurt to discuss your options.

I flagged him so you can determine if he can be of help.

Well my buddy got his back from DJI...oops he got back a refurbished Mavic and not his original. DJI claimed he would get the one he sent in for repair back, not so. On top of that it was missing a motor cover. DJI said they would give him a call sometime next week to discuss options. Cost him about 150 bucks.

Yeah, thats the risk that one runs with DJI's service. Sometimes it works out the other way with the original drone being repaired and sent back. Sometimes one gets the best option and gets a brand new drone!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dipshot