DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What android tablet will work with the zoom? (i dont want to pay $250+)

Graphics is a resource killer. Might not be an answer to an older dual core Android.
Second problem is manufacturers and cell providers adding their own modifications to the base Android OS that withe hinders what Go needs to do to properly communicate with the RC or steals resources.

I have both IOS and android devices knocking around the house. Ever since my P3A days I’ve always preferred Android devices for DJI product. First it was an nVidia Shield, then a Sony Xperia Z3 now a Samsung Note 8. All of them have been absolutely superb and have never missed a beat so it’s a complete myth that Android in general is flakey. Having said that these were all middle/high end devices with unbelievably bright screens and great hardware so I guess you get what you pay for.

Samsung Note 8 has a moderately small screen at only 6.3"
Does Go treat it as a phone or tablet? One clear way to tell is if you see the radar and map at the same time on opposing sides of the screen.
Also rather expensive.

I used a Samsung Galaxy S2 8" Tablet that many said worked for them but it didn't for me. Got video lag, screen was light, and it was simply too cumbersome to drag around or attach to the controller. I now have three dedicated android phones and I mention this only to illustrate that the CPU is key. Each phone has an octa core or deca core CPU so whatever tablet you settle on make certain it has sufficient cpu power to easily process video. However, note the size of the Xiaomi Mi Max 2 Phone as it is not too far off from a tablet.

Three Dedicated Android Phones that worked for me with the Mavics

Samsung Note 8 has a moderately small screen at only 6.3"
Does Go treat it as a phone or tablet? One clear way to tell is if you see the radar and map at the same time on opposing sides of the screen.
Also rather expensive.

You’re right they’re not cheap. The screen is huge for a phone but it’s real usp is the incredibly bright screen. My days of having to mess around with a sunshade are well and truly over even on the brightest days in direct sunlight. And that, as anyone who flies these things in sunny weather will tell you, is worth it’s weight in gold.

I have the Samsung Tab A model SM-T380. I have had absolutely no problems with it. I do, however, have to Bluetooth the two together as the Tab A does not have native internet ability. Phone is a Samsung Note 8 set to teather the Tab.

Interesting that a particular model will work with some but not others. What's installed and settings may have a lot to do with it.

One thing to check is power management. Many have programs that analyze app behavior and regulates it to save power. My HTC over-did that and all sorts of apps that normally worked were crashing intermittently. When I took them off resource management, they started working.

i dont know what the FKin issue with DJI is, but if you look at the specs of a ipad 4 mini, its a dual core 1.4ghz with 2gb of ram. Now i have testest mine with a android 7.1 quardcore 1.4 ghz with 2gb of ram and i get no live view. I have tried my amazong HD 7, lenovo tab 4 (i bought and shipped to a friend with a spark he said did dint work ) All i want is a **** 7in display that isnt my phone, that isnt 1/2 the price of the drone .

DJI is just stupid when it comes to compatibility and support. Pixel 2 XL yes, Pixel 2. NO SUPPORT.. why not they are the same phone?

ANyway, can someone who is using a mavic 2 and android tablet please help me out? If you have it working, what steps did you follow?

THanks to anyone who responds.
I
i dont know what the FKin issue with DJI is, but if you look at the specs of a ipad 4 mini, its a dual core 1.4ghz with 2gb of ram. Now i have testest mine with a android 7.1 quardcore 1.4 ghz with 2gb of ram and i get no live view. I have tried my amazong HD 7, lenovo tab 4 (i bought and shipped to a friend with a spark he said did dint work ) All i want is a **** 7in display that isnt my phone, that isnt 1/2 the price of the drone .

DJI is just stupid when it comes to compatibility and support. Pixel 2 XL yes, Pixel 2. NO SUPPORT.. why not they are the same phone?

ANyway, can someone who is using a mavic 2 and android tablet please help me out? If you have it working, what steps did you follow?

THanks to anyone who responds.
I'm using an Nvidia K1 shield with the M2p....works perfectly...AND...it has an hdmi output to mirror a 2nd monitor so director/copilot/client can watch the action. Got mine on ebay here in the uk £140

Be careful. I bought a "BLU" smartphone for my Mavic Pro wasting $160. Video from the drone was completely unusable, with broken up displays and 4-6 second lag times. I was forced to rely entirely on visual tracking and the map display. Very dangerous, and I very nearly lost it as a result. Video throughput is a critical parameter and seems to generally not be specified. CPU GHz and VRAM don't say this directly. New compact Ipad gives perfect video with no perceptible delay.

I'd recommend buying a device from a place that has a decent return policy (such as Costco), and test the video speed and quality as soon as you get it.

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 works pretty good, i also bought an ipad but didnt bother to load it since the Tab worked.. Lets see how long it last until DJI's update will requre iphone XLS or Ipad pro XLS MEGA ..
my tab a was not good. choppy view while in motion and only had a good view when not in motion. ipad mini 4 fixed it all. expensive lesson

I have a Samsung S2 SM-T713 8" and it work perfect on the Mavic Air but it doesn't work with the Mavic 2 Pro. I had to go and buy an Ipad mini off of Ebay.:mad: I am not an Apple fan but the only time I have to use it is when I fly.

my tab a was not good. choppy view while in motion and only had a good view when not in motion. ipad mini 4 fixed it all. expensive lesson
was yours the newer version with USB-C? i have no issues at all , no chopy video or anything.

are you using a proper USB 3.0 cable as well and not a usb 2.0? there is a difference in transfer rate.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka