DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What DJI dealers are not obligated to charge TAX?

EVERYONE in the United States is obligated to charge tax. As a matter of fact, I think anything shipped in from overseas will have tax, as well. Im sure of it. Thats the law.

Here are some exceptions... 5 US States Without a Statewide Sales Tax.

You're out of luck unless you do a hand transaction w/ cash or go out of the country and buy it and then MAIL it home.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: LoudThunder
Oregon doesn't have a sales tax but if you order something from an Oregon DJI dealer that gets shipped to a state with a sales tax they are obligated to charge your state's sales tax. If you pick the item up from a dealer in Oregon you don't pay a sales tax.

Starz beat me to it but B&H Photo Supply will cover the sales tax when you use their Payboo credit card.

Last edited:
EVERYONE in the United States is obligated to charge tax. As a matter of fact, I think anything shipped in from overseas will have tax, as well. Im sure of it. Thats the law.

You're out of luck unless you do a hand transaction w/ cash or go out of the country and buy it and then MAIL it home.
I think it's not exactly everyone. Only large companies that their annual sales pass certain amounts are obligated to charge taxes.

So small companies are not obligated to charge taxes.

For reference... I just got a comfirmation from advexure.com that they would not charge me Tax if I buy from them.

I think it's not exactly everyone. Only large companies that their annual sales pass certain amounts are obligated to charge taxes.

So small companies are not obligated to charge taxes.

For reference... I just got a comfirmation from advexure.com that they would not charge me Tax if I buy from them.
Then you have your answer. I would do that if its cheaper for you. +1 Google is your friend.

Reactions: LoudThunder
Chill out. The link in your post #1 does not address MS. The state sales tax rate is 7%. I just filed a monthly return yesterday.
I dont understand what youre saying only that Im being gaslighted. Im not upset. lol. I referenced states exempt from sales tax, thats all. What are you arguing???

I dont understand what youre saying only that Im being gaslighted. Im not upset. lol. I referenced states exempt from sales tax, thats all. What are you arguing???
Some confusion, I'm working from a phone. My question about a reference was intended for @jomeza001, who said that smaller businesses are exempt from collecting sales tax.

Some confusion, I'm working from a phone. My question about a reference was intended for @jomeza001, who said that smaller businesses are exempt from collecting sales tax.
LOL. Right on. Im sorry for even mentioning it. Im usually at fault anyway, so.. no biggie.

I'm ready to buy the Mavic 3 Pro but wondering what DJI dealers are not obligated to charge TAX??
It's really very simple, get a business license to sell merchandise and buy the drone under the pretense of re-selling it…

Now that might open a completely new "can of worms…" Here is Virginia, businesses must pay a tax on all "Tangible Property," so depending on how the tax laws work in Georgia, you might get out of paying Sales Tax, but still get stuck with the Tangible Property Tax…

"The devil always gets it own…"

Reactions: Torque

Just because you might have bought an item in Florida (for instance…) you might still own the sales tax on it in the state that does have a sales tax…

Here in Virginia, when you file your state income taxes, that is one of the questions you have to respond to; did you purchase any items from out of state that you did not pay sales tax on…

It is commonly called Consumer's Use Tax and you would still need to pay sales tax on all tangible items you rent, lease, or buy that you didn't have to pay sales tax for when you purchased them…

Decades ago, when I was stationed in Arizona I bought a car and paid the AZ sales tax. After I transferred to a base in New York and tried to register it, I had to pay New York State the difference between what I paid Arizona and the higher sales tax that New York State charged…

The devil always gets it own…

It's really very simple, get a business license to sell merchandise and buy the drone under the pretense of re-selling it…

Now that might open a completely new "can of worms…" Here is Virginia, businesses must pay a tax on all "Tangible Property," so depending on how the tax laws work in Georgia, you might get out of paying Sales Tax, but still get stuck with the Tangible Property Tax…

"The devil always gets it own…"
I'm not sure it's wise to counsel someone to commit tax fraud in a public forum. (I was biased at an early age. My father came home from WWII and became a special agent for the IRS.)

Reactions: MARK (LI)
Amazing amount of thread over less than 200.00
And I do realize that to many folks, that‘s a chunk o change.
The other option to avoid the tax man would be to wait until some private party wants to unload a used one. Based on past history, that may not be a long time.

Reactions: MARK (LI)

Well It depends on where you live. I am not charged any tax.

Reactions: Walleye Hunter
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnny760