DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What do you think of DJI as a company?

Poll: What do you think of DJI as a company?

• I have been treated fairly by them in all respects.

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • I feel that I have not been treated fairly in one or more respects.

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • If a different company was selling a similar product, I would buy it and sell my DJI product.

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • I will continue to buy DJI products.

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • I would never buy another DJI product.

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

Former Member

Reactions
I would like to get some feedback from members as to what they think of DJI as a company and how it is run. I think they have great products, but that isnt everything. I think that their customer service, repair delays, and online return policies are lacking and way behind others in the industry. Im interested in what you think. Please feel free to choose more than one response.

For a non US based company which owns over 75% of the market share I feel that they (DJI) are on par with some other similar tech companies. Being a former Director of IT I've interacted acted with many hardware & software companies and from a CS perspective some were good and some were bad.

I try not too... just wanna enjoy my drone. ;)

Reactions: Former Member
Either way, it's not like they will offer anyone here any real equity :) Come on Frank Wang, let go and float the company (no pun intended).

Reactions: frankiez
I think that their customer service, repair delays, and online return policies are lacking and way behind others in the industry.
You might want to include/realise that this is from a US customer's point of view. Expectations and standards vary GREATLY from one place to the other. Here there is no such thing as a return policy for online purchases for example, some sellers will offer it as a marketing tactic but most don't.
In China which DJI's culture would have as main reference being from there they're likely stellar.

Over the years I've had to have several electronic devices repaired (mobile phone, camera, laptop) and 6 weeks is about the standard.
I had to handle a friend's Mavic repair and it took 2 weeks, right in the middle of Christmas to boot.

It's been a pain a few times when professionally having to get some things e.g. Zenmuse Z15 repaired when availabiltiy couldn't keep up, but again I've had the same with many others before.

We're not dealing with the car market where things are made by millions and parts/repair shops are ubiquitous.

Last edited:
Excerpt from the WSJ (March 2016):
"DJI successfully raised more than $575 million in VC funding last year, more than enough for operations, so an IPO in the near future is unlikely."

You might want to include/realise that this is from a US customer's point of view. Expectations and standards vary GREATLY from one place to the other. Here there is no such thing as a return policy for online purchases for example, some sellers will offer it as a marketing tactic but most don't.
In China which DJI's culture would have as main reference being from there they're likely stellar.

Does Amazon deliver to Switzerland?

Yep, not for all products though. And it's not always a good deal with import charges.

BTW, added more detail to previous post. I can't seem to find the right thing to select for the poll though.

I would like to get some feedback from members as to what they think of DJI as a company and how it is run. I think they have great products, but that isnt everything. I think that their customer service, repair delays, and online return policies are lacking and way behind others in the industry. Im interested in what you think. Please feel free to choose more than one response.
You've read my past posts I'm pretty sure you know what I think.

Over the years I've had to have several electronic devices repaired (mobile phone, camera, laptop) and 6 weeks is about the standard.
I had to handle a friend's Mavic repair and it took 2 weeks, right in the middle of Christmas to boot.

It's been a pain a few times when professionally having to get some things e.g. Zenmuse Z15 repaired when availabiltiy couldn't keep up, but again I've had the same with many others before.

We're not dealing with the car market where things are made by millions and parts/repair shops are ubiquitous.
If they can't handle it they shouldn't be in business....

When I first got into drones I wanted a DJI drone, To me they are top tier when it comes to consumer drones, ever since I started I needed a DJI drone, I felt like if I didn't get a DJI drone I wasn't getting the best experience possible for a camera drone, I still feel that way, I still think DJI is the go to company for camera drones, Customer service apparently sucks but I haven't experienced it suckage so I can't comment on that but overall I think DJI is a good company.

Hard to say, you seem to consider it's "all or nothing" based on support only, which is as biased as the few "never again! " frustration-based posts we sometimes see on here.
In reality the decision to make a purchase is a big compromise between several factors like price, performance, quality, durability, support, efficiency, flexibility, availability, ease of use and I most likely forget some. Everybody has different weighing of these factors and that's what you'd want to know to get to any meaningful metric.
After a big frustrating event people let it all out and get crazy, but when they've calmed down and go back to rationally deciding what to do they'll look at the whole panel of factors again. They might find that even if support was bad they're still ok with that knowing the other factors are more important.

Just like when offered good products at a certain price and less good products for cheaper some will choose the more expensive one, and some the cheaper one.
Support levels going down everywhere is partly due to that. People tend to more and more favor a lower price to good support, so naturally companies cut down on support expenses to offer lower prices.

I would have to answer "I feel that I have not been treated fairly in one or more respects" because there have been snags on a couple of occasions over the 6+ years I've used DJI products so I can't really say "I have been treated fairly by them in all respects", but then that is relative, and occasional snags will happen with every company. I've used a supplier for parts becasue they always have constant stock and I needed short term availability - yet one day they still ended up having no stock because of a somewhat unexpected combination of events someone orderded way more parts then they ever usually sell, right when their supplier was closed for a week - well, that's life, can happen, and can't fault them. And it's also relative because as explained even if there have/had been snags that were hard to forgive, the other aspects of their products still heavily keeps the balance on the positive side given my weighting of the diffeent factors.

To piggyback on the other thread where you seem outraged at me looking mostly at the bottom line to measure success of a business, the reason I do so is that in the end it encompasses everything. If customers were feeling mistreated they wouldn't buy, which would reflect on the bottom line. If the bottom line is good it means that the company's overall performance is good enough to get people to do business with it. Given DJI's position it's pretty clear that while support isn't perfect the overall company performance satisfies people's factors in a way that makes them sufficiently happy.

I haven't had much dealings with them aside from buying the Mavic, it was about three weeks late (bought when the site was showing immediate dispatch and delivered within 5-7 days) and they took five weeks to reply to my e-mail what was going on just to say it had been dispatched. Not a big issue but wasn't impressed either.

If there had been a similar drone or even a slightly worse one with a better company I'd have likely gone with them but as it stands there weren't any decent alternatives which is clearly how DJI can get away with such poor service at the moment. Also the drone is a fun thing for me and I don't rely on it so while I wouldn't wish to be without it for a period of time, it's not going to affect my business or similar.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25