DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What Happens If...

This was on a M2P but I have gotten a call while flying with my phone and it did not intefere with the flight. Just don't answer it.

Another good reason for airplane mode is it turns off the phones wireless which reduces the amount of inteference your controller and bird have to deal with.

Had this happen a couple of times on my mini and my Android Honor 8x.
Just didn't accept the call and the app carried on regardless.

Ive also had a text come through and again just got the notification but didn't make any difference to flying at the time.

I'm flying my Christmas Mavic Mini along with my XS iPhone, and somebody calls me?
Nothing will happen since the Mavic Mini is flown with the remote controller. You could even shut down your phone and continue to fly.

You try a big circular mirror with an X laid down with black electrical tape.......as a take off point
just wondering ??‍♂️

I'm flying my Christmas Mavic Mini along with my XS iPhone, and somebody calls me?
I have read all of the posts so far and am wondering:

Am I the only reader wondering why you all fly with your phone and not a dedicated iPad or other tablet?

The advantages to me are: better fit, larger screen, no phone calls to worry about or to remember to turn on airplane mode, to name a few.

Reactions: GarryB69
Sorry, I was flying my drone, is such a good excuse. It's one of the reasons to have a drone.

Am I the only reader wondering why you all fly with your phone and not a dedicated iPad or other tablet?

The advantages to me are: better fit, larger screen, no phone calls to worry about or to remember to turn on airplane mode, to name a few.
Personal choice, a tablet would fit into my pack when out hiking or mountain biking

Personal choice, a tablet would fit into my pack when out hiking or mountain biking
Au contraire! I have hiked with the 9.5 inch iPad in the computer pocket without a problem. I love seeing the better and bigger picture.

Will using a tablet with only wifi access(no data plan) afford me the same capabilities as a phone with a service/data plan?

With full camping equipment, tent, sleeping bag, food for three days, oh also axe and crampons? Lol
No- I meant day hikes. I'm too old (81) for the 3 day stuff, although I did a ton of it at a younger age. In my day pack now- Camelbak bladder and UV sterilizer jar, rain shell /wind shell, packed sandwich and candy bar, drone, iPad, controller. The iPad is mounted in a Skyreat platform. It is taken down (2 pieces) in the pack and reassembled when I fly.

Attachments

• Skyreat-holder-side viewe.jpg
    Skyreat-holder-side viewe.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 12
  • SkyreatHolder-1-.jpg
    SkyreatHolder-1-.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: TDZHDTV
With full camping equipment, tent, sleeping bag, food for three days, oh also axe and crampons? Lol
Will using a tablet with only wifi access(no data plan) afford me the same capabilities as a phone with a service/data plan?
As far as I know, my iPad only has WiFi and 32 GB storage- I can stream TV on Xfinity and watch anywhere in my house (Wi Fi), use safari to surf, get e-mail. I have no big programs on it like Photoshop or Premiere. Really just dedicated to drone and house usage. Servers and an extra TV in the bathroom

Attachments

• iPad screen.jpg
    iPad screen.jpg
    337.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Settings.jpg
    Settings.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 4

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members