DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What I would like to see from DJI

4 inch pistons

Reactions
Loving my Mini 2 and I really want to get into FPV. But I don’t want to be as involved as many FPV guys. The DJI FPV and Avata are a bit too much drone right now. Other options (other than mini whoops) involves getting deeper into education and skills than I have time for. That is a large part of why I left RC airplanes a few year’s ago. I loved it but the committment to keep up in giant scale in money and time was more than I want. I am talking about plug and play on a smaller and slower scale.

What I would love to see—-and would not mind paying for, is a version of the Mini 3 available for FPV. It does not have to be fast or super nimble but something I can fly with RTH, GPS that uses simple batteries and digital goggles. Make it bigger if you like. Now I am sure some will volunteer information on how to buy this cable and download an app and configure this and solder that to make it work on my Mini 2. Thanks in advance and if you were here I would pay for your services. That is what I love about these forums. So many people are eager to help.

The Avata and FPV are great sports cars but for a guy looking for an SUV it is a bit of overkill. Am I the only one who wants something like that?

Reactions: Rchawks and Jetty
As per their bi-line I would like to see them get serious about cine. Give me shutter angle. Give me a raw file like b-raw. B-raw at 12:1 would work with the micro sd. Give me dual ISO and an extended iso range. Give back the super slow tripod mode.

Maybe a simpler way of saying it is this?

When I power up the Mini 2 and plug the cord into a phone or tablet, and open the app a camera view appears on the screen. It seems easily possible to plug the cord into a pair of goggles instead.

An Air 2S extended battery. Adjustable top speed for Cine. Waypoints!! The last two are easily accomplished. Waypoints are already available in Hyperlapse, make them accessible for all camera modes.

As per their bi-line I would like to see them get serious about cine. Give me shutter angle. Give me a raw file like b-raw. B-raw at 12:1 would work with the micro sd. Give me dual ISO and an extended iso range. Give back the super slow tripod mode.
Shutter angle can be somewhat pre-planned if you know the frame rate.

But I agree maybe some more codec options than just Prores, tho Prores in a drone is nice (but not a lot of other options exist unless you attach a separate camera).

I'd like to see the capability of an inspire in a foldable Mavic. Meaning that it would be cool to either have the ability of a second pilot with control or something like cruise control, and then be able to move the gimble freely even in panning movement while the Drone maintains a course.

Reactions: SmilingOgre
Don’t understand why they stick with the horribly cumbersome pro res, raw with lossless compression would be the winner for me

Shutter angle can be somewhat pre-planned if you know the frame rate.

But I agree maybe some more codec options than just Prores, tho Prores in a drone is nice (but not a lot of other options exist unless you attach a separate camera).

I'd like to see the capability of an inspire in a foldable Mavic. Meaning that it would be cool to either have the ability of a second pilot with control or something like cruise control, and then be able to move the gimble freely even in panning movement while the Drone maintains a course.
And interchangeable lens’

Don’t understand why they stick with the horribly cumbersome pro res, raw with lossless compression would be the winner for me
For one, prores has been a buzz word that many associate with professional. Second, prores is a high quality codec preferred by film factories for fast turn around. I'm personally not a fan of prores. I have it on many cameras and have tried it. I can get a lot more out of a raw like b-raw. I am however a hobbyist, I enjoy color grading, and I am not pressured by turn around time. For a producer making a feature film the obvious choice would be to float a Arie or Red with a 100K bird. I think I am a very fringe market that DJI is not completely interested in.

Wow, and how about a fully autonomous drone that can read my mind, with neural implants instead of goggles? This is a silly exercise in wishful thinking.
Ya, but it's fun for old retired farts with some extra time on their hands, lol.

Wow, and how about a fully autonomous drone that can read my mind, with neural implants instead of goggles? This is a silly exercise in wishful thinking.

I think Elon Musk might be working on that. 😃

E1AB0E73-A912-4B37-9F26-554FBD8F8AFE.gif
Eagle Eye 62…avoid the implants and goggles…try this out. No more “silly exercises “ It works just fine with just a few side effects like baldness, fuzzy brain, and the feeling you can fly. 🤣

🇨🇦👍

Reactions: Aviatur
View attachment 156866
Eagle Eye 62…avoid the implants and goggles…try this out. No more “silly exercises “ It works just fine with just a few side effects like baldness, fuzzy brain, and the feeling you can fly. 🤣

🇨🇦👍
I want one! Along with a lens hood on my classic.

Loving my Mini 2 and I really want to get into FPV. But I don’t want to be as involved as many FPV guys. The DJI FPV and Avata are a bit too much drone right now. Other options (other than mini whoops) involves getting deeper into education and skills than I have time for. That is a large part of why I left RC airplanes a few year’s ago. I loved it but the committment to keep up in giant scale in money and time was more than I want. I am talking about plug and play on a smaller and slower scale.

What I would love to see—-and would not mind paying for, is a version of the Mini 3 available for FPV. It does not have to be fast or super nimble but something I can fly with RTH, GPS that uses simple batteries and digital goggles. Make it bigger if you like. Now I am sure some will volunteer information on how to buy this cable and download an app and configure this and solder that to make it work on my Mini 2. Thanks in advance and if you were here I would pay for your services. That is what I love about these forums. So many people are eager to help.

The Avata and FPV are great sports cars but for a guy looking for an SUV it is a bit of overkill. Am I the only one who wants something like that?
What I’ve been waiting for is goggles for all the drones. I fly so much better when I can see what I’m doing…

Maybe a simpler way of saying it is this?

When I power up the Mini 2 and plug the cord into a phone or tablet, and open the app a camera view appears on the screen. It seems easily possible to plug the cord into a pair of goggles instead.
Seems like all you really might need then is a Drone Mask. Drop your phone into the mask and it provides an "FPV-esque" experience with your existing setup. Easy way to get a sense of the feel with low commitment and still get all the conveniences you're used to with your current gear. It's not real FPV, but step towards that direction. BTW - I have one for sale in the event you're interested.

One big criticism I have about DJI is how they abandon battery support for older drones. After a certain time they no longer support them so even if you love your drone and want to keep it you might now be able to fly it if there is no battery support from DJI nor after-market companies.

Reactions: Jam0ne
I would like to know what I was getting instead of a mystery box drone. Oh ya! It will do these 72 things! Kinda, sorta, maybe, someday. Oh by the way that only works with this that or the other. Ya, it kinda flakes out while recording in d-log from time to time but it works well 85% of the time. Ya they fly away sometimes but we sell insurance for that! The battery will last 46 minutes!!! if its sitting still on the ground. Spin the wheel of fortune. Within a year or so you will know what you bought. Quality control? Oh ya we have some of that. It works pretty well, sometimes.

• Haha
Reactions: Jam0ne
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998