DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is likely to be the first 2020 Drone from DJI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaweG

Reactions
Every time I get the itch to upgrade lately, I am able to hold off by realizing that I probably want to wait for something with ADS-B if I want to be sure I can fly it for a good, long time. Particularly since I suspect the reason we didn’t see other drones from DJI this year is that they expect the technology to be a requirement in the near future.

So are we more likely to see a Mavic 3, or a Phantom 5, or do I need to look at a second mortgage to get an Inspire 2? Also, do you think the ADS-B will more likely be in the drone itself, or in the controller? I tend to vote the latter (more room and battery, and it should know where the drone is almost as well as the drone does).

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
If they put ADSB on personal UAS' I'll wait until someone hacks it and I can disable it. I have no desire for that level of baby sitting from the federal government.

Reactions: PT_Mavic and Domand
When you say ADS-B in the controller would this be a system where the controller would report the position versus it being reported direct from the drone? May someone that is familiar with the system can chime in on whether the device has to be in the aircraft reporting directly or can be in the controller. I'm thinking in the aircraft but don't know for sure.

Beyond that, given all of the features in the current generation of top of the line "consumer" drones, I think they have really approached the borderline into the professional level as far as features. The next generation is more a commercial drone versus a consumer drone. Even now I wonder how many consumers are using a large percentage of the features available in their current drone. For me I'm scratching the surface.

I wish they would release a VTOL fixed wing with lots of flying time. I'm strongly considering a fox tech baby shark, except would like to see ADS-B in it.

If they put ADSB on personal UAS' I'll wait until someone hacks it and I can disable it. I have no desire for that level of baby sitting from the federal government.

Do you even know what ADS-B is? It’s there to warn the drone operator of the proximity of nearby manned aircraft. How in any way can that be construed as “baby sitting from the federal government” ??

I wish they would release a VTOL fixed wing with lots of flying time. I'm strongly considering a fox tech baby shark, except would like to see ADS-B in it.

Have been tempted to get a Parrot Disco for that very reason (even though it has been discontinued there are still some new units available). Have seen some folks hack it to use a 4g connection so they can get every bit of distance out of it’s 40 minute battery time.

Do you even know what ADS-B is? It’s there to warn the drone operator of the proximity of nearby manned aircraft. How in any way can that be construed as “baby sitting from the federal government” ??

Perhaps you should do more research on what it is and how it ties in with NextGen.

Also, spell out the abbreviation; lol.

I assume you're referring to DJI's AirSense technology. That is basically an Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B) receiver that will be installed on the drone itself, not on the remote. It would receive broadcasts from other aircraft and provide you with alerts.

This is separate from the Remote ID laws coming from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). If you're emanating a signal, you can be tracked ... it is just a matter of how badly people want that information.

I am in the same boat waiting as you are, @NaweG! Hang in there!

Last edited:
Perhaps you should simply answer my question.

But I'll help you out a little - DJI will be implementing ADS-B RECEIVERS.

You didn't specify receivers in your post. Irregardless, it wouldn't take much for someone at DJI or the FAA to request UAS' be tied in with the system to send out the info via DJI Go app, hence my original post. If it only receives info and thats it, I can see how that's beneficial.

You didn't specify receivers in your post. Irregardless, it wouldn't take much for someone at DJI or the FAA to request UAS' be tied in with the system to send out the info via DJI Go app, hence my original post. If it only receives info and thats it, I can see how that's beneficial.

I just assumed that you had already spent the 5 seconds required to ascertain the facts. There's this new thing called Google.

DJI Adds Airplane And Helicopter Detectors To New Consumer Drones

Google is not new and let’s keep this thread civil guys
and not let it get out of control .
Is no need.
Thanks all.

Reactions: Drone on
Yeah what Dirk said, take it down a notch aussie.
Totally uncalled for .We do not insult others here .
Seeing where this is going I am stopping it here .

CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu