DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What Is the best Mavic 2 Zoom Tablet and The should I get one with Wifi and cellular?

Cellular is only required if you need a GPS at the operators position.
So only used for automated flight modes such as Follow me, or to change the Drones Homepoint to your location.
(I have heard that people can 'hotspot' their tablet to their phone to get GPS, but I am not sure??!!)

Reactions: ff22
What Is the best Mavic 2 Zoom Tablet and The should I get one with Wifi and cellular?
If you were wanting a non-Apple device, the best flying tablets are the Huawei M3 and M5.

As for wifi and cellular, Apple confuse everyone because they only include GPS in their cellular iPads while just about every Android device has GPS.
However there are only two flight functions that can use the GPS in your tablet.
They are Follow-me and resetting the home point to your controller's current location.
Active track works better than Follow-me if you are into that sort of thing.
Resetting home to the current location of the controller is mostly used if you are flying from a moving car or boat and even then is not necessary.

Reactions: ff22
If you were wanting a non-Apple device, the best flying tablets are the Huawei M3 and M5.

As for wifi and cellular, Apple confuse everyone because they only include GPS in their cellular iPads while just about every Android device has GPS.
However there are only two flight functions that can use the GPS in your tablet.
They are Follow-me and resetting the home point to your controller's current location.
Active track works better than Follow-me if you are into that sort of thing.
Resetting home to the current location of the controller is mostly used if you are flying from a moving car or boat and even then is not necessary.

Have you blocked me or something Meta4??
Thats the second time you have nigh on repeated, my post???

Have you blocked me or something Meta4??
Thats the second time you have nigh on repeated, my post???
Sorry .. it looks to me like my post has a bit more information than yours.
I don't think I was repeating yours.

Reactions: Simmo

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661