DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is the origin of the column entitled "DETAILS.photoNum" in the csv of a txt flight log? Raw data from the .txt or is it derived from other data?

Yorkshire_Pud

Reactions
Just curious because I have been playing with my photos and trying to match them to my drones, the cards have become mixed up, a couple of logs are throwing up curious numbers in this column and I am now curious.

It shows the number of photos taken during the flight. That value comes from the TXT flight log.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
It could be manipulated by whichever log viewer you're using. Neither of my log viewers modify that count.

Thanks, I have one log where the TXTlogToCSVtool version of the csv shows the count to be 53 and the Phantomhelp version of the csv shows the value to be 1681286453.
I have just uploaded the log and downloaded the csv to/from PH, I will PM you the URL if you would like.

I fixed the issue and re-uploaded the log. No photos were taken during that flight. I'm not even sure it would be possible to take 53 photos in that short 32 second flight.

Magic, 53 photos in such a short flight is what had me puzzled.
Can I ask what was the cause or would the answer be beyond my understanding?

Can I ask what was the cause or would the answer be beyond my understanding?
My log viewer was attempting to read the details section data from the wrong section of the TXT file -- which resulted in gibberish. And since it wasn't attempting to verify that data was valid, the gibberish was allowed to be saved to the output CSV.

My log viewer was attempting to read the details section data from the wrong section of the TXT file -- which resulted in gibberish. And since it wasn't attempting to verify that data was valid, the gibberish was allowed to be saved to the output CSV.
Ahh, strange as it may seem that is wonderful news lol, it makes my screw-ups with my logbook program not so .... daft.

Yeah, there are lots of gotchas in the DJI log processing game. All of the variations of drones and app versions really complicate things.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki