DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What kind of case are you getting for your Mavic?

I couldn't find the precise dimensions of the remote,
This Condor H20 Pouch is very similar in design and half the price (about $16), but it doesn't look as "solid" so it might protect the Mavic a bit less:
61N6390z27L._SL1000_.jpg

I really like the concept. Something like this would easily protect the body, arms, props, etc. It could be used on it's own or just tossed into a pack, shoulder bag, etc.

20161017_131339.jpg I had lunch today and looked at my cool bag and thought. That's my new Mavic bag. Complete with beer can holder on the side

Attachments

• 20161017_131339.jpg
    20161017_131339.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 120
Ok, so I would like a small hard case to transport my Mavic in when I travel. After some search on the interweb I found the demensions for the Mavic box. (It's pretty **** small)

Box: 243.5mm * 245.5 * 112
Inches: 9.58 * 9.66 * 4.41

Pelican has many different boxes available. I also like nanuk cases, however I found the Pelican 1200. The demensions are as follows.

External demensions.10.62 * 9.68 * 4.87

The thick cardboard DJI used should be close to the same thickness as the plastic. I was going to order the 1200 anyways and carve out the foam to fit the Mavic but I think I'll do what I did with my Osmo Mobile. You can remove the tray that the Mavic rides in when it's delivered on that happy day to your house and transport it right over to the Pelican 1200. It may need to be hot glued in, or take some of the foam the case has and pad out the little room there is around the case. Now your Mavic has a safe custom designed case that will prevent harm no matter how rough the trip gets! You can find the Pelican 1200 online or follow the link below to amazon! Cheers! Currently $39.07
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000...lican+1200&dpPl=1&dpID=41Qse1ueBPL&ref=plSrch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, so I would like a small hard case to transport my Mavic in when I travel. After some search on the interweb I found the demensions for the Mavic box. (It's pretty **** small)

Box: 243.5mm * 245.5 * 112
Inches: 9.58 * 9.66 * 4.41

Decent idea - looking for a pelican myself for this bird for travel. However, that is a pretty small case (1200) as I use one for a camcorder. I am not going to rehash everything here, but I did make a post elsewhere with the info and thoughts. (LINK)

Also, I started a KY thread in the Midwest section - check in if you want and maybe we could do a flight meet up with anyone else from KY who has them. Still early yet.

Reactions: kykayak
I couldn't find the precise dimensions of the remote, but the water bottle comparison in the description of the Mavic makes this Maxpedition Bottle Holder look like a pretty cool choice -- throw in a little foam as a separator and it looks like you could fit extra batteries, the remote, and the Mavic in here:

51u%2Bj3o%2BWaL.jpg

This Condor H20 Pouch is very similar in design and half the price (about $16), but it doesn't look as "solid" so it might protect the Mavic a bit less:
61N6390z27L._SL1000_.jpg

(Note if you buy one of these, I suggest buying from Amazon vs. a third-party reseller, as you'll be assured you'll get the real thing and not a counterfeit.)

If anyone picks one of these up, let me know what you think. I'm considering ordering the black Maxpedition bag, as it almost looks like it was designed for the Mavic. I've got a little eggshell foam in the garage I could use as a separator -- put the batteries and maybe charger in the bottom, foam, then the Mavic, and put the remote in the outer compartment.

I ordered one of the Condor pouches. It was just what I was looking for and, although not rigid, looks to be nicely padded. I did some approximations based on photos and I am skeptical that the controller will fit in the small Maxpedition front pocket. The Condor pocket is a bit bigger and I think (I hope) that the controller will fit in there. In any case, it was only $16 and I will have something on hand to pop the Mavic in when it's delivered.

I'm kind of liking the idea of a lunch bag. Plentiful and cheap. Not to mention small. But I do like the bottle holder as well because it would fit nicely on the bottom of my laptop backback in side the larger main compartment. I have to say, I am absolutely loving the idea of even being able to have a conversation like this about this drone. It's already a big win because with the P3 the case options were pretty much all the same. Some huge piece of foam with lots of pockets and holes for all the other stuff. With the MP we've moved to, yeah, I'll throw it in a lunch bag... :DTU

I'm kind of liking the idea of a lunch bag. Plentiful and cheap. Not to mention small. But I do like the bottle holder as well because it would fit nicely on the bottom of my laptop backback in side the larger main compartment. I have to say, I am absolutely loving the idea of even being able to have a conversation like this about this drone. It's already a big win because with the P3 the case options were pretty much all the same. Some huge piece of foam with lots of pockets and holes for all the other stuff. With the MP we've moved to, yeah, I'll throw it in a lunch bag... :DTU

Solid ClassMate® Soft Sided Lunchbox from Lands' End
They'll even embroider it.

I like that Maxpedition a lot! But I want to know if the controller will fit in the pocket. Plenty of room for the Mavic in the main compartment but no way there's room for the controller in there, too. Anyone know the size of the controller?

The controller is about the same length of a Coke can...but, flatter (of course!).

The controller is about the same length of a Coke can...but, flatter (of course!).
Speaking of the controller... The controller joysticks are removable which means they can be lost. Will DJI be selling spare sets of these and maybe in different sizes or colors?

Bet they will have them for replacements, yes. Size and color? Dunno.

I am scouring my house for an old 35mm film canister to pop those in for safe keeping while moving around.

They can attach inside the display grips when not in use. I'd rather have something like the following, so I don't have to keep removing the sticks.

FrSky X9D Taranis Plus Gimbal / Stick Protector by t4b_

I know they can, but I can also see me unfolding the arms on the remote, forgetting they are there, and losing them. Will probably just stick with a film canister.

The link seems interesting, and a worthwhile idea. Will have to see if someone comes up with some for the Mavic. However, if something hits the sticks hard enough to knock them out, then those wont really do much, other than to be larger targets to look for. Seems like those are more mean for sticks that do not come off to begin with.

The controller can hold a device 6.30" wide and .33" deep, so I estimated the controller about 6.5" wide and 1" deep. I'm guessing 3.5" to 4" high. Of course, I may be off, but using that estimation, the controller will just fit in the pocket of the condor. I didn't account for the joysticks, but I'm guessing they would have to be removed.

I know they can, but I can also see me unfolding the arms on the remote, forgetting they are there, and losing them. Will probably just stick with a film canister.

The link seems interesting, and a worthwhile idea. Will have to see if someone comes up with some for the Mavic. However, if something hits the sticks hard enough to knock them out, then those wont really do much, other than to be larger targets to look for. Seems like those are more mean for sticks that do not come off to begin with.
The best option I've seen was on a controller for a cheap RC helicopter. Two one inch tall foam cylinders with a hole in the middle for the sticks. It kept them securely in place, but allowed some give when whacked. I may try to make some.

Don't think I've ever lost the sticks on my other hobby grade transmitters. Didn't have to keep track of more containers either.

Don't think I've ever lost the sticks on my other hobby grade transmitters. Didn't have to keep track of more containers either.
Me neither. The only thing I'd worry about is damage to the stick gimbal if not safely secured.

I couldn't find the precise dimensions of the remote, but the water bottle comparison in the description of the Mavic makes this Maxpedition Bottle Holder look like a pretty cool choice -- throw in a little foam as a separator and it looks like you could fit extra batteries, the remote, and the Mavic in here:

Got the dimensions of the controller, courtesy as DJI employee on RCGroups...

3.5" x 6" x 2.5"

I think it'd just fit in the outer pocket of the Maxpedition, but the extra half-inch on the Condor's outer pocket makes it a better choice.

Reactions: Shacky
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS