DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What kind of case are you getting for your Mavic?

With these small cases, are you not planning on bringing more batteries?

I got the Condor case in the mail yesterday. I really like it. It seems to be very well constructed. Has nice padding in main compartment. The exterior is a tough, nylon canvas. The whole thing seems to be very rugged and I think you could feel very confident hanging this on your belt with your Mavic inside. The outside zipper compartment will (I believe) accommodate the controller just fine. My only question is would it zip shut with the joysticks sticking up. I think that can easily be solved by cutting one or two slits in the outside compartment into the main compartment, that way you can put the controller in face down with the joysticks sticking into the main compartment a little bit. I'm feeling pretty confident that this case will work just fine.
View media item 13View media item 12View media item 11View media item 10

My only question is would it zip shut with the joysticks sticking up. I think that can easily be solved by cutting one or two slits in the outside compartment into the main compartment, that way you can put the controller in face down with the joysticks sticking into the main compartment a little bit.

Just take the joysticks off (yes, they come off) and put them in like an old 35mm film canister or waterproof match container ($3 at a camping store or on Amazon).

Just take the joysticks off (yes, they come off) and put them in like an old 35mm film canister or waterproof match container ($3 at a camping store or on Amazon).
Yep, I know that's an option. But putting the controller in face down with a couple slits cut for the joysticks is also a good option. I guess we will see when I actually get my hands on it. BTW, since the case I bought is black, it's hard to make out details and I don't think the pictures do it justice. It is really a tough, well built case. Pretty happy with it for $16.

Yes I think most of us want to bring all the batteries and that is a concern for sure. Something that has room for the batteries (maybe 2 extra with 1 in the Mavic), the MP and the remote would be good. I want to be able to put this in my Camelbak or where ever and be assured that it will not get damaged.

For me? No. I want a super small case that I can throw the Mavic and controller in and take to the beach with me. I had an extra battery for my P3A and found that I seldom used it for 2 flights in a row. I usually want to either fly around and take some video and pictures or fly a Litchi mission. In both cases, 1 battery was all I needed. Of course, everyone is different.

I just saw this on Tanga. It's a shoulder sling bag that would probably accommodate all your batteries and accessories. For only $17 it looks pretty nice. Just thought I would share in case anyone thought it was a good solution for them.
Valencia Canvas Shoulder Sling Bag - 5 Styles

Got this awesome small leather one-strap. Now just need to put the Mavic in it when I get it. Lots of pockets.
9868e8a39b717f447a55fc6c27bc109c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Found link
High Capacity Men's Leather Crossbody Shoulder Bag Laptop Blue/Brown.

http://geek.wish.com/c/5742a0abf46f9a5d707c73cb

Last edited:
Reactions: harryofwind
I couldn't find the precise dimensions of the remote, but the water bottle comparison in the description of the Mavic makes this Maxpedition Bottle Holder look like a pretty cool choice -- throw in a little foam as a separator and it looks like you could fit extra batteries, the remote, and the Mavic in here:

51u%2Bj3o%2BWaL.jpg

This Condor H20 Pouch is very similar in design and half the price (about $16), but it doesn't look as "solid" so it might protect the Mavic a bit less:
61N6390z27L._SL1000_.jpg

(Note if you buy one of these, I suggest buying from Amazon vs. a third-party reseller, as you'll be assured you'll get the real thing and not a counterfeit.)

If anyone picks one of these up, let me know what you think. I'm considering ordering the black Maxpedition bag, as it almost looks like it was designed for the Mavic. I've got a little eggshell foam in the garage I could use as a separator -- put the batteries and maybe charger in the bottom, foam, then the Mavic, and put the remote in the outer compartment.

FYI, if you're tying to avoid counterfeit, I'd avoid Amazon as well. They're currently getting sued by apple for selling 90% counterfeit chargers. Buy from the manufacturer directly.
Amazon's counterfeit problem is getting worse and sellers are enraged

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The allure of the Mavic to me is having a small and inexpensive case. I have a Canon camera bag that will easily fit the Mavic along with my other camera equipment when I want to tag that stuff along. Other times I want a small pack I can throw anywhere. $25 max price. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motiongraphics50