DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What kind of case are you getting for your Mavic?

Two things:

1) The RC sticks: YES, they do come off. I have a Mavic, and I can promise, they are removable. However, the first time removed, you must use significant force to remove them. My courage failed me several times before my determination kicked in and I was finally brave enough to pull them out. You really have to pull, and then they'll come out, and from then on they're easy to replace and remove. If you're hearing people say they're not removable, it's because it would seem that they're not unless you really pull--to the point where you're certain the RC's chassis is going to succumb to the force, but it doesn't. Now I remove them after every flight without a problem.

2) The official Mavic Shoulder Bag: it's very good--10/10. There has been a lot of talk and speculation about how DJI's official bag is a joke, overpriced, looks terrible, is too small, isn't supportive enough, etc. Having used the bag for several days, I wouldn't say any of this is really true. $79 is a premium price for this bag, but I wouldn't say it's outrageously priced. If you get it with the combo, then I'd say it's a great deal.

As for the bag itself, it's also premium quality. It provides more than sufficient padding, and enough room to fit the Mavic, RC, 3 spare batteries (plus one installed in the Mavic), a full set of extra props, the USB battery adapter, and a few small cables and SD cards. I was able to fit all of this without feeling like I might damage anything inside. It is compact, and that is a good thing. I don't plan to put this in the trunk of my car; I plan to have it on my person while walking and hiking, and I wouldn't want a bag any larger than this--this level of portability is the entire reason why I bought the Mavic.

The bag is also relatively water resistant (not including the two side pockets, which could have a battery in each). All pockets feature waterproof zippers, so if the side pockets were empty, then I wouldn't worry about the contents getting wet in heavy rain. And, as I said, there is enough padding to make me (who is paranoid) feel comfortable.

As appearance goes, I also think the bag looks really decent. I realize that this bag isn't for everyone, and that it is expensive when purchased on its own--more than many will be willing to spend. However, having seen and used the bag, I would spend $79 for just this bag, knowing I'd get a top-quality bag that will hold everything that I need it to, adequately protect what's inside, and not be any bigger than it absolutely needs to be.

I hope this helps someone make a decision one way or another!

No. Geek is a shopping app. A lot of items are poorly made very cheap, but some are inexpensive gems like this bag, 300 lumen flashlights, cables, adapters, etc. Takes a while to get them but worth it.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Found link
High Capacity Men's Leather Crossbody Shoulder Bag Laptop Blue/Brown.

http://geek.wish.com/c/5742a0abf46f9a5d707c73cb
not bad at little apprehensive about the opening for the ear buds.wouldnt want to get caught in a light rain.

Sent from my SM-G935V using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: dcb942
So the sticks do come off you just have to give it enough force. I'm not certain I want them to come off.

Yeah, looking at the sticks, still afraid to try and take them off. Any pictures with them off?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

So the sticks do come off you just have to give it enough force. I'm not certain I want them to come off.
DJI Ken on the DJI forums has stated that the latest version of the controller has non removable sticks. If yours are removable, it's because you have an earlier version.

Yeah, looking at the sticks, still afraid to try and take them off. Any pictures with them off?

Sure, I'll post some pictures of the sticks removed when I get a chance.

Edit: here is a post that has a good picture of the sticks removed.

I'm not sure I believe the comment from DJI Ken about there being a different version of the controller with non-removable sticks. It could be, but it's just as likely that he assumed as much after trying and failing to remove the sticks on his own. Between his personal assumptions taken as fact, and the "official" nonsense he's required to communicate, it's always difficult to distinguish the truth.

Last edited:
I found a thread at DJI Forum discussing the "different versions" of the RC--one with removable sticks and one without. There are claims including photos that the controllers are indeed different and even look different.

Looking at the photos, I disagree: all of the photos exactly resemble the controller that I have, with removable sticks. I stand by my claim with a high degree of confidence: all controllers are the same version, at least with regard to removable sticks. Give the sticks a good tug, and they'll come out. If you'd rather not try, then that's fine, too. :)

Have my Pelican 1500 in hand. Working on the layout! Should have some pictures up in a little bit =)

This will be my flight bag. It's a 5.11 Bail Out Bag The controller is in an small insulated water bottle carrier.. Lots of space for extra batteries and everything else. I still need to source a foam pad to put around the Mavic for protection, but I'm not sure if that is actually necessary..

bag1.jpg bag2.jpg

1271075db849610559f8f1b76b804c2d.jpg

2e1292f220d5b2fb7ca157203de866c1.jpg

Pelican 1500 - Full fly more combo. Car charger, adapter, etc are under the controller. The controller is positioned that the sticks fit perfectly between the concave/valley portions of the foam top.

Still have a lot of room for a couple more batteries (hopefully on the way soon), IPad mini, and other future accessories.

Time to start labeling!

Last edited:
Most cases are inferior to GPC's cases.

Scored this for free and it fits the fly more package.
Caden5.jpg

Caden4.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair