DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Whats that thing

That’s the “smart” fuel gauge. It shows how much power is left for a safe flight based on distance from home. It has a safe flight back home indicator mark; use it to see when it is time to return home based on the distance and power left. Don’t just rely on the percent battery power “dumb” fuel gauge. Be careful though, if you are flying downwind from home it may be overestimated.

Just a reminder: don’t fly a real helicopter unless you know where the fuel gauge is!

Last edited:
Ok so can you explain it why it moves right then left I know dumb question right ?

Battery Level Indicator

30FC2B65-7D22-4AF2-8DA4-F9DA29613302.jpeg
This shows you how much power your battery has left. The line gets shorter as the battery power is depleted. The first dot on the left is when the drone will automatically land due to low power. The second dot is when the app will try to activate RTH unless you stop it. The yellow H represent your home point and moves along the line to show how much power you will need to get your drone back home.The yellow return to home indicator is dynamic and it will change based on how far your drone is at the time from the home point.

That is one of the benefits of the go 4 app for sure That the fly app does not have

How do you get the go4app
That is the app that we are all talking about it has the yellow H the travels across the screen on top is the battery depletes, you don’t get that with the fly app

The go 4 app is used with drones like the Mavic two pro and drones prior to that one

Concerning the different apps for flying, wondering if someone might have a matrix that shows which apps can be used with which drones, and if those apps can be used on the SC or need to be on phone or tablet.

🤞

If you have a smart controller when you turn it on it eventually shows you the menu of drones that it will run

Battery Level Indicator

View attachment 137570
This shows you how much power your battery has left. The line gets shorter as the battery power is depleted. The first dot on the left is when the drone will automatically land due to low power. The second dot is when the app will try to activate RTH unless you stop it. The yellow H represent your home point and moves along the line to show how much power you will need to get your drone back home.The yellow return to home indicator is dynamic and it will change based on how far your drone is at the time from the home point.

Ok so can you explain it why it moves right then left I know dumb question right ?
It bases the estimate on your current draw- if you're flying into the wind and then hover, it will move to the right. When your draw increases it will move left again. Overall, it will move left.

The go 4 app is used with drones like the Mavic two pro and drones prior to that one

It's bit confusing, Go4 was used on drones up to Mini release, including P4, Spark, early Mavics M1P / MPP, M2P/Z, and the original Air.
Fly was brought in for the Mini, and since the Air 2.

Concerning the different apps for flying, wondering if someone might have a matrix that shows which apps can be used with which drones, and if those apps can be used on the SC or need to be on phone or tablet.

🤞

Your manual will tell you which app to use to be absolutely sure.
Generally you use the one app, not interchangeable . . .

But, I found it interesting, while I don't have a Fly app drone, I once downloaded it to click through menus etc, just for interest.
It did have my M1P listed in the aircraft list, so maybe it can be used, never tried it.
Not sure if it still shows like that, app was deleted soon after, but for Go4 aircraft you use that.

FWIW, there are no more early Go4 drones in production, some might still be available, but all made obsolete apart from the Phantoms that use it (P4p), and the Mavic 2's.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead