DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Manny T

Reactions
I recently filmed a couple weddings, and have been experimenting with different combos, different cameras and lenses with the Mavic. From Sony A6300 to A7R ii. For me, Sony A7R II, Zhiyun Crane and the Mavic are the match made in heaven. Lens used to filmed were Sony 28mm F2.0, Sony 55mm F1.8, and Sony 16-35mm F4 on the Sony A7R ii body combined with Mavic Pro for aerial shots. Here is the highlight of the wedding.

CC welcomed and if you like the video, give us a thumbs up on youtube and let us know which lens or set up do you used to film any events? And if you want to see more hit the subcribe button. Enjoy!

Is this the best set up?

The Gimbal jiggles around on this second video because it's not balanced properly for the camera/lens set up. You'll get away with that a lot more if all your footage is slowed down as it was in both of these examples, however, I would recommend a properly paired gimbal with your rig, I believe some can now be adjusted on the go, and some can even be 'auto-calibrated' although I can't verify how well that works!

As you often only get one chance on a wedding shoot, I would recommend having one camera rig devoted to your gimbal for smooth tracking shots, then use the other cam/lens for your tripod or handheld.

Just out of interest, how big is your team? is it just you, or do you have an assistant or two? I imagine it's hard juggling the Mavic with another two cameras!

If you aren't already, use the low-noise props. They are less noticeable.

The Gimbal jiggles around on this second video because it's not balanced properly for the camera/lens set up. You'll get away with that a lot more if all your footage is slowed down as it was in both of these examples, however, I would recommend a properly paired gimbal with your rig, I believe some can now be adjusted on the go, and some can even be 'auto-calibrated' although I can't verify how well that works!

As you often only get one chance on a wedding shoot, I would recommend having one camera rig devoted to your gimbal for smooth tracking shots, then use the other cam/lens for your tripod or handheld.

Just out of interest, how big is your team? is it just you, or do you have an assistant or two? I imagine it's hard juggling the Mavic with another two cameras!

yea that's exactly it, it's so useful to have 120fps or 60fps for those slow mo shots to slow down the video to get that dramatic footage even on an gimbal already

you're right, there are many gimbal that can do auto calibrate now and quickly as well.

So the team is me and the photographer so all shots are pre planned beforehand

i will have a look at it, have you got it? what do you think about it? does it really have less noise?
There are a number of threads here with opinions on the low-noise props. The general consensus is that they are a little quieter but the pitch of the noise is lower; making it less noticeable. My experience is that the original props sound like a hive of angry bees but the new ones make more of a lower humming sound, barely noticeable more than 100 feet away.

Make sure you buy from an authorized DJI dealer to get the genuine props.

There are a number of threads here with opinions on the low-noise props. The general consensus is that they are a little quieter but the pitch of the noise is lower; making it less noticeable. My experience is that the original props sound like a hive of angry bees but the new ones make more of a lower humming sound, barely noticeable more than 100 feet away.

Make sure you buy from an authorized DJI dealer to get the genuine props.

that's interesting to know, because from some different youtube videos i have seen, they have said that although it does make less noise but it's hardly noticeable and aren't worth spending that extra to get an upgrade? how about just a change in propellers? surely that will work?

that's interesting to know, because from some different youtube videos i have seen, they have said that although it does make less noise but it's hardly noticeable and aren't worth spending that extra to get an upgrade? how about just a change in propellers? surely that will work?

I think that's what @Mossiback was suggesting - just a change of Props rather than upgrading the whole bird. But yes, upgrading just the props would work.

I am slowly phasing out my originals, by buying only the new low noise set as spares.

Reactions: Manny T
I think that's what @Mossiback was suggesting - just a change of Props rather than upgrading the whole bird. But yes, upgrading just the props would work.

I am slowly phasing out my originals, by buying only the new low noise set as spares.

oh ok! i didn't know you can just swap them! that's quite handy actually. but do they increase the performance of the drone though e.g. battery improvement just by putting the low noise props on?

but do they increase the performance of the drone though e.g. battery improvement just by putting the low noise props on?

(I haven't tried them yet) From what I gather on this forum, though, it's not enough of a performance boost to really notice. The main performance gain on the later Mavic was from the upgraded ESCs.

(I haven't tried them yet) From what I gather on this forum, though, it's not enough of a performance boost to really notice. The main performance gain on the later Mavic was from the upgraded ESCs.

I see. but it will have noise reductions, can you justify the swap if it was for you?

can you justify the swap if it was for you?

For $1 more than the standard props, yes, I will be swapping to the low noise version. A recent crash means I need to swap out a full set of spares anyway, so it makes sense to go for the newer version.

For $1 more than the standard props, yes, I will be swapping to the low noise version. A recent crash means I need to swap out a full set of spares anyway, so it makes sense to go for the newer version.

that's a fair point, i think i might swap as well if i can pick up something at a good price. oh no! what happened?

Flying Sideways, eyes on the live feed when there are trees nearby - not recommended! But lesson learned (hopefully) :)

Flying Sideways, eyes on the live feed when there are trees nearby - not recommended! But lesson learned (hopefully) :)

ouch! sorry to hear that! was that on active track mode profile side way mode? i nearly crashed mine flying profile in active track mode

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR