DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When Mavic Pro Meet GoPro Hero5 Black Karma Grip

Manny T

Reactions
Here i'm testing out the steadiness of tripod mode on the Mavic and the steadiness of the gopro karma grip. I've got to say, the results were impressive, it was a quick shot on both mavic and gopro and quick edit too. Impressive little feature for a drone of this size, same goes with the karma grip. Put them both together and you will have yourself a nice little filming kit for your holiday/adventure.

See below for the results:

Now if only they made a drone that included that GoPro Karma Grip thingy built right in...

yea you're right! if only they can incorporate that in, it would be the perfect drone, and obviously if they can include a better camera in as well, that would be perfect.

I was waiting for a train to come barreling down and take out the mavic :D

At least the Mavic won't drop from the sky due to a battery clip :)
I was all set to get the Karma Drone, but I've been swayed over to the Mavic. I will have the same Combo (Hero 5 Black, Karma Grip and Mavic Pro)
Good to see them working together

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I was all set to get the Karma Drone, but I've been swayed over to the Mavic. I will have the same Combo (Hero 5 Black, Karma Grip and Mavic Pro)

If you already have the Hero 5, I can understand, but given the better performance of the DJI Osmo (I've always been thrilled with mine), I don't know why you would go with that. Also, if you're an iPhone user (or soon for Android) you don't even have to buy the full blown Osmo with camera, you can now use the Osmo Mobile. I've seen the GoPro Karma Grip, I think it's kind of cheesy compared to the Osmo--IMHO.

Reactions: IronManMC

Yesss! that's the dream combo i think, for those who are like myself an adventurer, you can even just buy a backpack or clip that allows your karma grip to attached onto the backpack so you're hands free and you will be able to fly the mavic whilst your karma grip is filming without your hands

If you already have the Hero 5, I can understand, but given the better performance of the DJI Osmo (I've always been thrilled with mine), I don't know why you would go with that. Also, if you're an iPhone user (or soon for Android) you don't even have to buy the full blown Osmo with camera, you can now use the Osmo Mobile. I've seen the GoPro Karma Grip, I think it's kind of cheesy compared to the Osmo--IMHO.

I agree with you. Osmo and Karma grip has its own good, both are built and designed for different reasons. Osmo is better in terms of cinematic shots and with more versatility in terms of the style of shots you want, however it's a pain to set it up, especially it needing a phone screen to see what's going on and it's really a pain to use it especially for those who are always on the move and needing something quick and instant. Karma grip for me is instant filming, no wifi sync etc required. Literally, you just turned on the power button, press record and you're on. So, for what I do, i'd say Karma is best. Also a fun fact for you, did you know that you can actually use DJI Osmo's extendable tripod on the Karma grip? It's possible, and it works really well too!

I will soon post a video/picture of how you can combine Karma Grip with the osmo's extendable tripod.

Just completed editing this video. Majestic castle ruin at the east of Scotland - featuring mavic and p4p

Do please enjoy this mini cinematic footage shot from above.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stug26