DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When you want to fly, but mother nature sucks

charlas

Reactions
**** only had the MP2 for a week and only chance to fly had been last Sunday..... **** you weather! [emoji4]Screenshot_20190612-222937_Weather.jpeg

Reactions: awsan5
Lol. Living in UK, owning drone.You become a meteorologist.

It's not "O look the sun's come out, lets go flying",
It's more "The rain has stopped, hurry, Rain app says weve got a 30 min window"

i just drove 30 minutes to a spot and by the time i got there, the weather had changed and i started getting drops on the windshield just as i drove into the parking lot. sat there awhile but rain got worse, not better. ended up having to leave. got back home to nice sunny weather.

all around me is controlled airspace and is off limits to me, the hobbyist. the nearest good spot i set off to and before i could get there, the weather changed on me. can't wait until the rules change. :(

Reactions: awsan5
i just drove 30 minutes to a spot and by the time i got there, the weather had changed and i started getting drops on the windshield just as i drove into the parking lot. sat there awhile but rain got worse, not better. ended up having to leave. got back home to nice sunny weather.

all around me is controlled airspace and is off limits to me, the hobbyist. the nearest good spot i set off to and before i could get there, the weather changed on me. can't wait until the rules change. :(
Wait until you get to an exotic locale/NO NFZ's/Range for Dayz, you will be in Heaven m8 :)

Lol. Living in UK, owning drone.You become a meteorologist.

It's not "O look the sun's come out, lets go flying",
It's more "The rain has stopped, hurry, Rain app says weve got a 30 min window"
Ain't that the truth, why I take my drone/s with me traveling [emoji4]

Pity though, some lovely scenery in the UK when it's nice....

Ain't that the truth, why I take my drone/s with me traveling [emoji4]

Pity though, some lovely scenery in the UK when it's nice....

I wanna do isly of skye someday. Catch is you need a bit of mist/cloud cover to catch it in it's glory
Footage shot from Alien

"There no place like home, so where am I"

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
there is one thing that the weather cant control and that is the pleasure i get when i can get to fly ,yes the weather and having the time to fly ,does restrict the time that i can get air born ,but after a while you just have to accept it as part of the hobby.

Yup, agreed [emoji4]

Don't get to frustrated. I wanted to fly my drone and video my 10 acre property in South Dakota. 1000 miles of driving and it was either raining or fogged in. The property is on top of a mountain. 5,500ft and heavily wooded. I was in the fog at fifty feet. I'm not instrument rated.:) Heading back in a few weeks. Hoping for better weather.

Aaah I'm sure california will be more accommodating in a couple weeks [emoji4]

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito