DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where do I find information on the FAA UAS Initial Aeronautical Knowledge Test?

TomSull

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Just a few minutes ago, I got an email from FAASafety saying this (I don't yet have my Part 107):

Going to the link gives little information that I can find to help me. I did put in a question to [email protected], but if anyone knows here, I'd like to get started on getting this done now.

So it looks like they finally have the test to certify that pilots have the needed basic knowledge, FYI!

Reactions: Marcass Carcass
Look at the uas home page on faa.gov, it still says test coming soon...I don't know, maybe someone will chime in, will be watching thread....

I got a fast reply, just 21 minutes after I asked [email protected] from a very nice person.
However, I think I misinterpreted the initial email announcing the test from the FAA, and thought it was announcing BOTH the new Part 107 tests/training as well as the long promised initial pilot test for amateur pilots (non Part 107). It looks like that amateur test still hasn't been addressed.

Anyway, for Part 107, the reply has all the links which I'll repeat here for others benefit.
Here are the links!:

Becoming a drone pilot is very exciting! Here are a few things you should read:

Remote Pilot Certification
Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Have a great day,

Alina
FAA UAS Support Center
844 FLY MY UA | 844-359-6982
Send us your questions!
Stay current on all things drone
Twitter | Facebook

Last edited:
Reactions: Marcass Carcass
The link you posted only showed the PSI testing centers. There is another company that provides testing but I do not recall the name of it. Anyone know?

I got a fast reply, just 21 minutes after I asked [email protected] from a very nice person.
However, I think I misinterpreted the initial email announcing the test from the FAA, and thought it was announcing BOTH the new Part 107 tests/training as well as the long promised initial pilot test for amateur pilots (non Part 107). It looks like that amateur test still hasn't been addressed.

Anyway, for Part 107, the reply has all the links which I'll repeat here for others benefit.
Here are the links!:

Becoming a drone pilot is very exciting! Here are a few things you should read:

Remote Pilot Certification
Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Have a great day,

Alina
FAA UAS Support Center
844 FLY MY UA | 844-359-6982
Send us your questions!
Stay current on all things drone
Twitter | Facebook
Would anybody have a link or address to the latest version of the "Study Guide" in PDF format. It looks like this was changed in APRIL 2021 according to some of the information provided above. If you follow the "Study Materials" link, you eventually get to the August 2016 (FAA-G-8082-22) version. I would like to find the newest version to see if there are any changes.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78