DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which Android phones are stable

Works flawlessly on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8" (SM-T715Y) running Android 6. Also fits in the controller perfectly too without a special mount. Over 150 flights without a crash.

Crashed all the time on my Sony Z5 compact running Android 7

Sony Xperia Z3. I know it's getting on a bit, but it's performed flawlessly for me, and the screen is brilliant. I did get an IPad Mini 4 as I was seduced by the positive press, but ended up sending it back as I preferred the Z3.

Reactions: dieselglock
Xioami Note 4 was $200 has 64gb hard drive and 3 gb ram no problems but I have to delete goapp4 to use litchi or keep it in separate part of the phone. Also use a budget LG fairly new works well too but only 8gb hard drive which causes problems as android is about 6

I have experienced problems with DJI GO and Google Pixel 7.1.2 and Sony Z5 Compact 7.0 (32.3.A.2.33), both are in the latest software. The app just crashes EVERY SINGLE FLIGHT, no matter what kind of trick I try to use like airplane mode, restart the device before start, reinstall the app, etc.

Bought Litchi a few weeks ago and I've been using it with the Sony Z5 Compact without ANY issue, not a single crash since the first day :)

I will never use DJI GO again unless they make me to.

Also can confirm, my Google Pixel XL has a different problem every flight (provided I can even connect to the aircraft in the first place) using DJI GO 4. Have not tried any other control software, but sounds like I should.

First. This is a good thread. Aside from the standard BS of apple vs. android, I will, for full disclosure, let it be known I am an Apple fanboy. HOWEVER, I do believe screens on android are better in hot and bright conditions.

Therefore I am looking for a tablet with out spending a crap ton. Enter android.

While I would have no problem with an iPad, I just don't see paying $400+ for a drone monitor!

I bought a galaxy tab at target for $169 and thought perfect. Then I started reading this. Then I thought. Grrrrr

I don't care the platform just looking for STABLE! Have never had an issue on my 7+ from apple but am looking for a better screen (bigger and brighter).

Sony Xperia Z3. Flawless and bright, not a single glitch.
so based on your review i ordered a sony xperia z3. did you need to buy an extra cable to connect to the mavic controller and if so can you tell me wich one?

so based on your review i ordered a sony xperia z3. did you need to buy an extra cable to connect to the mavic controller and if so can you tell me wich one?

I just use a standard USB to micro USB cable that I use to charge all my android devices. You will need to use the bottom USB connection on the controller, rather than the side micro USB socket. I'm still using mine and it still hasn't let me down.

I just use a standard USB to micro USB cable that I use to charge all my android devices. You will need to use the bottom USB connection on the controller, rather than the side micro USB socket. I'm still using mine and it still hasn't let me down.
yea im just nervous because best option is a 200 dollar one from b&h with a 9/10 cosmetic rating or a full 10 rating one for 300 dollars. i heard on their site the phones are old enough to not have manufacturer warranty and might not be fixable if they break. how realiable has yours been. im looking at used one

yea im just nervous because best option is a 200 dollar one from b&h with a 9/10 cosmetic rating or a full 10 rating one for 300 dollars. i heard on their site the phones are old enough to not have manufacturer warranty and might not be fixable if they break. how realiable has yours been. im looking at used one

Well I bought a new one as got quite a good deal at the time in the UK. However if I was to buy again I'd get a good used one as they really are bulletproof. I only use mine for the Mavic though, so it doesn't get any real world use as a phone. Battery life is also superb.

Well I bought a new one as got quite a good deal at the time in the UK. However if I was to buy again I'd get a good used one as they really are bulletproof. I only use mine for the Mavic though, so it doesn't get any real world use as a phone. Battery life is also superb.

By the way, while not wanting to seem like a salesman for Sony, I did succumb to the temptation of getting an iPad mini 4 for the larger screen. Sent it back within days as it was nowhere near as bright as the Sony. I do use a sunshade in v bright conditions but have never been in a situation where I can't see the screen.

By the way, while not wanting to seem like a salesman for Sony, I did succumb to the temptation of getting an iPad mini 4 for the larger screen. Sent it back within days as it was nowhere near as bright as the Sony. I do use a sunshade in v bright conditions but have never been in a situation where I can't see the screen.
yea i read that in your post. i have a mac book and iphone 5c and ipad mini. dont want another apple product. i like the sony specs as phone and for the price you cant beat it. i was just nervous of its stability a durability since its not popular in usa. but i think im going forward with it.

I see. well may be old but stability and performance is what matters right

Yup, it's still on the recommended list. I can only tell you my experience and I've seen no reason to 'upgrade'. It's just never crashed.

Yup, it's still on the recommended list. I can only tell you my experience and I've seen no reason to 'upgrade'. It's just never crashed.
well when i get it ill test the hell out of it for the 30 day return period lol. that and my refurbished drone lol

I'm relatively new to this, only had the MP a couple weeks and about ten flights. But I've not had any issues with my Huawei Mate 9 on Nougat, running the latest version of GO 4.

I've never had a problem with the battery, I don't do anything special with it. Make sure you turn off auto brightness, and turn brightness to full.
I'd stick on marshmallow anyway, as it's the most stable with Go and Litchi.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weblloyd