DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which Android phones are stable

litchi? heard it but what is it?

It's just another app you can use to fly as an alternative to Go. In general I prefer it, as it's less hungry than Go, and it has full autonomous flight with waypoints etc. Nothing much wrong with Go though.

It's just another app you can use to fly as an alternative to Go. In general I prefer it, as it's less hungry than Go, and it has full autonomous flight with waypoints etc. Nothing much wrong with Go though.
So I Iive in the USA and I have sprint that won't accept this phone. What carrier do you have?

Also can confirm, my Google Pixel XL has a different problem every flight (provided I can even connect to the aircraft in the first place) using DJI GO 4. Have not tried any other control software, but sounds like I should.

+1

The app crashes on my Pixel XL every single flight. Absolute garbage application, they should be embarrassed as a company.

So I Iive in the USA and I have sprint that won't accept this phone. What carrier do you have?

It's just a uk based operator called GiffGaff, which is really 02. Not sure what the US equivalent is. Seems v odd that the phone 'won't accept' the carrier - never heard of that!
Edit: Just thought, is it used? If it is it might be locked to one specific carrier

Last edited:
It's just a uk based operator called GiffGaff, which is really 02. Not sure what the US equivalent is. Seems v odd that the phone 'won't accept' the carrier - never heard of that!
Edit: Just thought, is it used? If it is it might be locked to one specific carrier
no its just the company sprint being jerks. they wont accept "older phones or phones they dont sale" but other carriers did so ima switch. hows the battery life on yours im currently doing a battery calibration.

If Android is running well for you - no crashes or loss of video in, say, 10 flights - please post your manufacturer and model info here. Thanks.

Acer Iconia 10.1" Tablet
Canada - Amazon.ca: acer iconia 10: Electronics
USA -Amazon.com: acer iconia 10
UK - Amazon.co.uk: Acer iconia 10.

links are courtesy of cruisingoffduty on youtube.
Samsung S7, plus go into battery settings to disable power saving for DJI GO4, so the OS doesn't swap it out while in use. Resolved any issues I had with Droid.

Reactions: ksmusa
no its just the company sprint being jerks. they wont accept "older phones or phones they dont sale" but other carriers did so ima switch. hows the battery life on yours im currently doing a battery calibration.

Battery life is superb - longer than my iPhone 6s by a mile.

I have connection issues on my Galaxy S8+ but perfect connection on my iPhone 6S Plus. So naturally fly with the iPhone until the Galaxy is sorted.

Reactions: ksmusa
Sam Note 4 has been great : I also rooted it ... but recently for unknown reason .. the video feed on Litchi and some on DJI go 4 get scrambled ... the mp4 file is the usual great 4k stuff. But I like seeing where I'm flying and where I am there are some nice things to see.

If anyone knows about pix scrambation (just made that up) I would appreciate it. Is it my phone? Set up?. I just up graded the drone firmware only read that some wished that had not... what to do.

I can't get litchi to work with my galaxy S6 active. I downgraded litchi to Version 3.10.10 as litchi suggested but now I get DISCONNECTED error and the mission will not execute. But I can see the image on my phone if I expand the +. Any thoughts?Screenshot_20180314-142510 (002).png

Yep. You can find some commonly used Huawei mobile devices here.
HELP
Litchi is scrambling my video feed whether recording or not... I down graded the go app and the hardware and the dji go app does not scramble the video feed.
Can anybody help me with the Litchi problem Please. Thanks

Use a Samsung S8. Zero problems and its very bright screen is great in bright sun. Very little battery drain on RC.

Best thing it is not Apple.

I've tested with the following phones so far:
  • Google Pixel 2 & 2 XL
  • Google Pixel XL
  • Samsung S9

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member