DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which device do you use?

308Shooter

Reactions
Hello all,
I'm new to the Mavic Pro.... I'm flying mostly at a local RC air field to get use to flying, controls, navigating by app vs. LOS (although it's always in VLOS).

I've had a few disconnects from the app and from the RC itself using my Samsung Note 5. - Yes, I know it's not on the approved compatible device list. I thought I had it resolved by merely turning on Airplane mode, but still had a disconnect the other day.

It seems the app is set up, or "optimized" for the iPhone 8 or 8plus. iPhone X is also on the list. When I asked DJI about the "X" they said they are still under development for the "X". I asked, if that's the case, how can it be on the approved list if it's still under development? NO REPLY.

My question.... Which devices do most of you use? An IOS (Apple) system or Android? I'm specifically looking at moving to the iPad mini4 or the iPhone X.

SUGGESTIONS???

Thanks,

Jamey

I have used both the iPhone X and the iPad mini4 with no issues so far. . . .

Thanks... I'm leaning towards the mini4 simply because it's much cheaper. Does it fit in the controller or do I need the tablet accessory to hold it?

You can get a good idea of which devices people are using by checking out the "Likes" column in this list:

Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily)
Thanks... Yes I had actually seen this before. But as I was so gently reminded on another forum, this is not the DJI approved list and if there are any issues with the "experience", it is because I'm using an unapproved device. (That's my summary of the conversation)

Thanks... I'm leaning towards the mini4 simply because it's much cheaper. Does it fit in the controller or do I need the tablet accessory to hold it?
Both the X and the mini4 fit in the RC - the mini is a little snug, but functional. I use a Mavmount with a Hoodman screen shade on sunny days.

But as I was so gently reminded on another forum, this is not the DJI approved list and if there are any issues with the "experience", it is because I'm using an unapproved device.
The devices on that list marked with an orange dot are on DJI's approved lists.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jared69