DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which mobile phone?

Barnes_de

Reactions
I have ordered the Mavic Mini with Fly More Combo for travels.
Being used to M2P with SC, I would prefer a dedicated mobile device (without SIM use).

Considering
- App-stability and a
- bright screen, which
- reasonable priced
mobile phone (or small tablet) would you recommend?

Reactions: old man mavic
I have ordered the Mavic Mini with Fly More Combo for travels.
Being used to M2P with SC, I would prefer a dedicated mobile device (without SIM use).

Considering
- App-stability and a
- bright screen, which
- reasonable priced
mobile phone (or small tablet) would you recommend?
Depending on your budget, ipad mini 5. I also use a Huawei Mate 10 Pro and P30 Pro. All are bright enough and stable. If you get the ipad you can also use Lumafusion to edit footage. It's a really powerful editing tool.

no tablet will match the brightness of the SC but any of the ipads from 5th gen up should be good, a good buy at the moment is the 6th gen 9.7 inch 32 gig wifi ipad and if you get a good sun hood for it it works great and any tablet holder that you may already own will fit between the fold down arms as they are the same as other controllers in the mavic range there are many good android tablets out there as well

Reactions: DDS and AIredale1
Got Galaxy Note 8 with cracked screen for $90 on fleaBay, and it performs excellent! very bright screen, plenty of processing power

I have a drone dedicated Huawei Mate 9 and haven't had a single disconnection/app crash, plus the screen is good size and bright, maybe bigger and better than my Galaxy S9.

Price was a little over $300.

Reactions: Wilbur
no tablet will match the brightness of the SC but any of the ipads from 5th gen up should be good, a good buy at the moment is the 6th gen 9.7 inch 32 gig wifi ipad and if you get a good sun hood for it it works great and any tablet holder that you may already own will fit between the fold down arms as they are the same as other controllers in the mavic range there are many good android tablets out there as well
Hi in comparison do you know how the screen of the Samsung s10 5g stands up to Crystal sky .
I know it wont be as good but how close is it getting?

Reactions: old man mavic
Hi in comparison do you know how the screen of the Samsung s10 5g stands up to Crystal sky .
I know it wont be as good but how close is it getting?
really it is down to personal taste which device you get i find that the ipad i have is great for my old eyes but in any sort of bright sunlight a hood is a must cant really comment on the Samsung but none of the tablets available will really match up to a ultra bright monitor and even they can be hard to see if the sun is really bright overhead at midday

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying